Struggling to connect to Vu+ Solo 2

efcspiderbox

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently changed to Plusnet fibre ISP. I'm using a BT Homehub 5, running Vix Apollo.
I'm now unable to FTP files from my laptop to the STB and vice-versa (used to work fine on BT with copper and HH4). The Vu+ is wired into the HH5 using ethernet. The box has internet access through the hub and channels are clearing fine.
Initially I thought the problem sharing files lay with the router because when looking at the home hub manager home network page, the Solo 2 only shows as 1Gb/s.
However, when I powered up the PS3, that showed up on the wired connection "tree" with it's MAC & IP addresses and "connected".
When trying to connect with Filezilla, the error shows connection failed "ECONNREFUSED - connection refused by server".
Using dreamboxedit, "Test IP Connection" successfully connects to IP address on port 80, but "Test Username/ Password" fails on port 21. 21 is the default on VU+ Solo 2 - is there a way to check it's still set to 21?
Sorry for being so long winded, but any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

What credentials are you logging on with? Defaults are:
username = root
password = none, blank, nothing, n/a

Hi Abu. Yes, log on details are correct for both programs and IP for box is also correct. In Mcafee "My Network" on laptop, the STB is present and showing as online yet not in the rooter hub manager!

Sorted now thanks. Installed DCC and googled the error off that - simply turning the STB off and back on has done the trick.
Happy days.

Just for information.... On Hades, teh samller version of Samba is installed already. You can navigate receiver using "my computer" on PC without having to install anything on receiver.

Back