Streaming when recording active problem

ukmike

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

Looking for a solution to my problem

when I try to stream LIVE HD content from my solo2 ( to second monitor PC) its awfull.

If i stream HD content recorded its almost perfect

what i am trying to do is stream a recording in progress to second monitor/tv (accesing from hdd )
the only problem is when I stream in progress recording (HD) it gets to the end of stream ( even though recording is still in progress) it then loops and streams from beginning of recording.
i.e 5 mins recorderd it plays 5 mins then starts from begining this time its longer as the recording is longer.

VLC is being used for playback.

I want it so it continues to play recorded content without starting from beginning.

is this a vlc setting or streaming setting????

Mike

trying to to do a slight delay on footy do i can have two games on at same time with good quality

Last edited:
An alternative for you until you get a proper solution......

Match A. Start on STB and activate time shift.
Match B. Start Web browser and start match.

On STB, when you are ready, resume match A.

If you have permanent time shift enabled, you should have anoption to record the whole event including the time shifted section.

An alternative for you until you get a proper solution......

Match A. Start on STB and activate time shift.
Match B. Start Web browser and start match.

On STB, when you are ready, resume match A.

If you have permanent time shift enabled, you should have anoption to record the whole event including the time shifted section.

Not sure what you are getting at.

I have no reason to activate time shift on the match A
I just play as normal from STB
It's Match B that's the problem.
As stated above when I stream Live HD content the picture breaks up and freezes. When I stream recorded HD it's fine.
My problem lies with streaming a recording that's in progress ( I aint gonna wait for the footy to finish then stream )
when I stream an in progress recording (HD) it gets to the end of what was recorded at time the stream started. Vlc then plays back from beginning this time there is more recorded data so plays for longer, then loops again.
I would like vlc to seamlessly play the in progress recording.

Mike

Sounds either like a Hard Drive problem or the Buffer and the speed of the hard drive, Buffer is always a few seconds ahead where as hard drive records in real time so there is no ahead buffering done.

Sounds either like a Hard Drive problem or the Buffer and the speed of the hard drive, Buffer is always a few seconds ahead where as hard drive records in real time so there is no ahead buffering done.

Did you read the above post correctly?

when I stream an in progress recording (HD) it gets to the end of what was recorded at time the stream started. Vlc then plays back from beginning this time there is more recorded data so plays for longer, then loops again.

I am trying to get vlc to play the in progress recording file continuously and not just what's been recorded when the stream starts.

Mike

FYI

in case yous missed it in first post.I am using VU Solo2
One tuner to view one channel and the other tuner for straming

FYI

in case yous missed it in first post.I am using VU Solo2
One tuner to view one channel and the other tuner for straming

Wires crossed all i can contribute then is i have a Solo2 and it streams perfectly, I have not tried to stream an in progress recording as you put it so cant comment. I suggest you work on getting the Standard streaming working correctly first as in quote
when I try to stream LIVE HD content from my solo2 ( to second monitor PC) its awfull.

Then maybe look at a solution to the other problem.

What image are you using digi?
I've heard some are better for streaming than others
I am running OpenPLi 3

What image are you using digi?
I've heard some are better for streaming than others
I am running OpenPLi 3

Blackhole 2.0.1A i cant say i have tried the OpenPLI variant as i tend to stick to Blackhole personal choice of course

Might give it a try over the weekend. Not as if it takes long to flash another image and just as fast to revert back.

Still doing my head in that I can stream recorded ( or in progress ) OK but not live HD streaming (SD is ok)
Would say it was my shitty PC but why work ok from recorded content?

Back