Static and Motorised Dishes

dantis

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

I am awaiting delivery of my new TM5402HD and Dark Motor Superior.

I currently have 2 fixed dishes (1.3m and 80cm) covering 28.2e, 26e, 19.2e and 13e. I will be adding a third dish (probably 1m) which I am motorising.

How do I set up the TM to receive the 4 seperate LNB feeds plus the motorised dish?

I know some people will say why so many dishes, just have one motorised one, however, as I am in southern Spain I need the 1.3m for Sky and BADR4/6 and the 80cm dish for Astra 1 and Hotbird 13, they feed two seperate TVs as well so that I can watch football on one and my better half can watch movies etc on the other (not possible with 1 motorised).

If anyone can talk me through the settings to achieve this I would be grateful.

Thanks everyone.

I think you might be toiling there mate, I've had a look thru' the menu on my 5402, it's only DiSeqC 1.2 (up to 16-way DiSEqC switch), AFAIK you'd need DiSEqC 2.0 to achieve what you want. Mine is a Mk1, what's yours? M2 may be different, but I don't have one to try...

I think you might be toiling there mate, I've had a look thru' the menu on my 5402, it's only DiSeqC 1.2 (up to 16-way DiSEqC switch), AFAIK you'd need DiSEqC 2.0 to achieve what you want. Mine is a Mk1, what's yours? M2 may be different, but I don't have one to try...

Hi Trevor

My research suggests that Diseqc 1.2 allows switching between up to 16 sources and control of a single axis satellite motor.

Diseqc 2.0 adds bi-directional communications to DiSEqC 1.0.

My receiver is a M2 by the way but I don't think that matters.

On another forum where I have posted this same question I have had an answer that if I use 3 LNBs and a motor I can use a standard Diseqc 4:1 otherwise I would need to change to uncommitted switches (up to 16 branches possible) or a combination of stacked committed and uncommitted switches? Which lost me!

I know most people probably just use one motorised dish for everything, but for me personally, I need different dishes (to keep the wife happy) so she can watch films whilst I am watching football!

Oh well, there's only one way to find out for sure.... let us know how you get on. It is certainly an interesting question- the reply you got from the 'other forum' looks like C&P'd blurb, doesn't make much sense to me either!
If it wasn't so bloomin' hot here I'd have a play myself but, as you will fully understand, it's not the most pleasant time of the year to be tinkering on the roof!

Oh well, there's only one way to find out for sure.... let us know how you get on. It is certainly an interesting question- the reply you got from the 'other forum' looks like C&P'd blurb, doesn't make much sense to me either!
If it wasn't so bloomin' hot here I'd have a play myself but, as you will fully understand, it's not the most pleasant time of the year to be tinkering on the roof!

Luckily for me my dishes are on a large patio roof terrace, so very easy to play with. My motor is being delivered tomorrow, then I need a new dish and patio stand, then it's play time!

First though have to load the phamtompatch, addon files etc to get everything working.

Hot here too! No complaints though.

There was a post/guide by Robbo on another forum with pictures. It is achievable.

Search for "settings-for-using-diseqc-motor-and-diseqc-switch-with-tm1000-series"

Last edited:
Back