----SS-Enigma V3----

Ok i havent bothered updating the cams on this image (I stuck gbox with correct nagra info into it on friday). Just want to talk about the image. - Very sleek smooth excellent picture. I have a small problem though. I have FTP'd across my "latest" saved channel list, But STV (ITV Scotland) moved the other day. I did a scan and hey presto there it is under "All channels". So i have tried many times to "sort" the channel so that the new stv replaces the old one. I mess around in the channel editor. It all seems fine seems to take the changes and apon checking my bouquetts seem fine. But when i restart the changes are gone ?? To cap things off The image seems to have "locked" its channel list folder (Enigmah Folder). So when i try to ftp my newly edited channel list It is not accepting my files any longer, Why could this be ?

Overall i actually love the image just the channel thing is a little fustrating. I will most probably re download a fresh version (I have already writen over the orig with my edited version on my pc). And start again from scratch lol. Have also noticed on selecting restart it seems to go to standby rather than restart.

Also looking to edit the icons i have so that all channels show up with their logos. At the moment everything shows logo's apart from anything regional ie BBC1 Scotland BBC2 Scotland ect ect ect.. Like i say will prob start with a fresh go tomorrow but just thought id through these comments up here to see if anyone else had come across this.

Hi all I am having the same issue I have put the K*ys in the Var/k*ys dir but have left the cams alone as I asume that because it is a new image it will have the right cams in place. What is the prefered cam and ucode with this image and also do you use the same ke*ys as the Neutrino..?

VLC streaming from PC to DBOX

FTPd the image accross, must say very slick and very stable compared to previous Neutrino images i have used!! Many Thanks for sharing!
One thing is it possible to stream video from my PC via VLC to the DBOX - as previous Neutrion images have been able to, or do I need to get a plugin?

Hi all I am having the same issue I have put the K*ys in the Var/k*ys dir but have left the cams alone as I asume that because it is a new image it will have the right cams in place. What is the prefered cam and ucode with this image and also do you use the same ke*ys as the Neutrino..?

I have just tried another image and that is ok so it must be the way it uses the k*ys or it is locked to FTA only can any one assist in this matter.

Cheerz DiddyDave

READ THE README!

It is a FTA image so there are no cams in \var\bin

READ THE README!

It is a FTA image so there are no cams in \var\bin

After looking at this I did see that even thow the menu had the cams that they was'nt installed so I did install them into the var/bin but still no good so my question still stands
Do you use the same cams and k*ys as the Neutrino images

After looking at this I did see that even thow the menu had the cams that they was'nt installed so I did install them into the var/bin but still no good so my question still stands

Yep, use the same from neutrino images

Cams go in var/bin (Chmod them to 755 )
Keys go in var/keys
Services and bouquets go in var/tuxbox/config/enigma. ( but need to be setup for enigma, you cant use the file format used from neutrino, they can be amended using bouquet wizard)

hope this helps

Freddy

Boswell i wasn't actually referring to the non FTA channels. I was actually referring to the fact that this image once i had modded and saved my channels to it, will not then allow me to do any changes to the channel list. I have no idea why this seems to happen on some images. It just seems to become somehow write protected. Any info regarding this issue would be much appreciated. Like i say this has nothing to do with encrypted channels.:proud:

Are you using Bouquetter to edit your channels?

If the image has gone read only, they you have ftp'd too much into it, have you maybe ftp'd your bouquets into multiple folders.

If it is read only then a re-flash is now required.

SS

Boswell i wasn't actually referring to the non FTA channels. I was actually referring to the fact that this image once i had modded and saved my channels to it, will not then allow me to do any changes to the channel list. I have no idea why this seems to happen on some images. It just seems to become somehow write protected. Any info regarding this issue would be much appreciated. Like i say this has nothing to do with encrypted channels.:proud:

Yes, you can use the same cams and keys as Neutrino.

You may also want to ftp in a couple of more files into \bin

libcamdio.so.0
libcrypto.so.0.9.7

SS

Are you using Bouquetter to edit your channels?

If the image has gone read only, they you have ftp'd too much into it, have you maybe ftp'd your bouquets into multiple folders.

If it is read only then a re-flash is now required.

SS

I used bouquett wizard mate. I get ALL channels cleared apart from stv - due to the change in frequency. But you have answered the crux of my question which was referring to does this happen re - can an image suddenly become read only. And the answer appears to be yes. We learn something new every day lol. It was something i had certainly come accross before but hadn't ever bothered to ask if anyone else had...All cool i will reflash a "virgin" image and restart from scratch. Excellent image BTW.

Off Topic - OI DiddyDave get your own screen name :proud: lol.

I used bouquett wizard mate. I get ALL channels cleared apart from stv - due to the change in frequency. But you have answered the crux of my question which was referring to does this happen re - can an image suddenly become read only. And the answer appears to be yes. We learn something new every day lol. It was something i had certainly come accross before but hadn't ever bothered to ask if anyone else had...All cool i will reflash a "virgin" image and restart from scratch. Excellent image BTW.

Dude this has been my nickname since my school days and I have had this for about the same time as you on this forum I mean no Dis-Respect :Sorry:

To many Diddy's, getting confused :)

Stick to 1 cam if you can, then delete others you are not using to create space and prevent image going read only!

With the current issues, Evocam looks to be the best bet at the moment.

SS

Yes, you can use the same cams and keys as Neutrino.

You may also want to ftp in a couple of more files into \bin

libcamdio.so.0
libcrypto.so.0.9.7

SS

Thanks for that but I do have one problem in that I can not find these two files

Top man..!!
Many Thanks

I have put on the Laky Pro for now as the tv has been off all weekend while trying to get your image going. I will try later on. I don't normally have this problem with new images and I have used the enigma images with the sat system and I have been able to get them going with little pain but this one for the cable has got me. I know that this is the only image about for cable that I know of in the cable dbox seen and I do like the enigma plateform.:CRYBABY:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top man..!!
Many Thanks

I have put on the Laky Pro for now as the tv has been off all weekend while trying to get your image going. I will try later on. I don't normally have this problem with new images and I have used the enigma images with the sat system and I have been able to get them going with little pain but this one for the cable has got me. I know that this is the only image about for cable that I know of in the cable dbox seen and I do like the enigma plateform.:CRYBABY:

I have put on the enigma image again and done as per instuctions but still no good I must be doing some thing wrong some where.

var/k*ys they are in there and set to 755
var/bin camd2 and evocam both set to 755
var/bin and lib folder I copied the libcamdio.so.0 libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and set these to 755

I have tried all the cams and the ucodes still no good I think I have tried every thing. This one has got me going now.............

Reflash, start again

\var\keys for ALL the keys (including the new ones)
\var\bin for evocam
\lib for the libs

forget camd2, and don't put libs in \var\bin

Then re-start evocam, or even try mgcam

I have put on the enigma image again and done as per instuctions but still no good I must be doing some thing wrong some where.

var/k*ys they are in there and set to 755
var/bin camd2 and evocam both set to 755
var/bin and lib folder I copied the libcamdio.so.0 libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and set these to 755

I have tried all the cams and the ucodes still no good I think I have tried every thing. This one has got me going now.............

Font size file location

Hello guys, had SS v2 installed on a neighbours box for a few weeks, and it seemed to be a good match for his picky Sagem, till latest blip in the system occured last week, so decided that whilst I was updating his box I would install the V3 image for him.

All looks great except he mentioned, and I forgot to ask, that the font size is a little too small for his liking. I have had a quick look in the share/tuxbox/enigma/skins folder at a few .esml files but not sure which one to edit or at which font is the exact one.

Btw, I am after the one which controls the list of channels which appear once you press the OK button (twice). It is at 15 listed channel names at present, but would like to increase the font size, and hence reduce the visible channels to about 12, as his eyes are not what they once were.

Any info would be most appreciated in this matter. Thanks, Chris.

Back