Specsavers - a village tale...

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Mum is 78 and still sharp but, by her own admission, not quite as sharp as she was.

Nevertheless, I'm leaning on the window sill of the bedroom window and it looks for all the world like she's talking to one of the apple trees at the bottom of the garden - a bramley if anyone is interested...

...maybe I should take a look? It may be one them 'funny turns' I've heard about.

Opening the back door I'm joined by the dogs, obviously, who immediately start barking. Well, Barney barks first - because summat obviously isn't right. Indi jumps around barking simply because Barney is - he's trying to figure out why Barney is barking and thinks he should too. Indi is a failed gundog (he's scared of guns ffs), Barney is just failed on every level!

Get the dogs away, Mum shouts, they'll scare it! I clap and blow the whistle - standard training tools for village dogs...

...noooo! Mum shouts you'll scare it! What? The pussy cat that's stuck in the apple tree...

Okay, the dogs are back in, still barking but we can't hear them so much.

Don't move, shouts Mum, you'll scare it. I'm going to try and tease it down.

Puss, puss, puss - has a way with animals my Mum :)

No reaction.

I'll just give it a little nudge with the rake she says, maybe it will jump down and run away?

Prod, prod.

Suddenly, 'pussy cat' falls out of the apple tree and lies on the lawn, not moving...

Mum looks shocked so I quickly go over to check on things.

I look down at 'pussy cat' and give Mum a cuddle, it's okay Mum..........

We can chuck next door's football back now!

Back