sound error

• Thread starter david.chapman15
  • Start date
D

david.chapman15

could anyone help me,i purchased a tiny pc with intel pent 4,i have a sound problem,every time i use the internet my sound races a ton to the dozen and theres no way to stop it apart from restarting my pc.tiny say its the driver for the yamaha ac-xg sound card they are a nightmare company they send me restore packs all the time so i tried to update the sounder myself through yamaha but had no joy maybe i'm installing the new driver incorrectly please help

Hi m8
You need to be familiar with Device Manager to do it. From there you can see if there are any conflicts etc. If you have the Yamaha drivers on disk, you should first remove the old audio device or sound card drivers (in Device Manager),then go to Add new hardware in Control Panel and install it again. Choose the HAVE DISK option, and install the drivers from the disk.
Hope it cures the problem.
:)

[ June 10, 2001: Message edited by: Diamond ]

That wasn’t entirely correct.
So I changed mine today to help me explain a bit better
Like this
Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel. Then double click the System icon. Click the Device Manager tab.
Highlight the Audio Device, and then click the properties tab and then the Driver tab. Click Update driver tab. Click next, then check Display all a list of all drivers. Click next and then Have Disk.

Hope that’s a bit clearer m8
;)

Back