[OS Problem] Acer Revo L80 Nettop PC

akariz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all;

just purchased from ebuyer an
Acer Revo L80 Nettop PC, Intel Celeron 887 1.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, NOOPT, Intel HD

It seems this machine does not support driveres for any other version besides windows 8...however i got this machine for just 120gbp on promotion

my question is :
has anyone bought this machine, that came with windows 8 pre-loaded with all drivers?

I have formated drive and intalled windows xp, as its a system i prefer to work with, howeber did not made a back cd (recovery) since the cd assistant that came with said it supported drivers for xp and vista.
Little did i know after installing windows xp, that it didnt ....

Phone Acer to supply recovery disk but they charging 51.62 gbp for CD...cheeky sods

if anyone has got this, plz help....

thanks in advance

Last edited:
did you try windows 7.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

same problem, issue for both xp and windows 7, no drivers and utility CD that came wont work...

contacted acer, but they fail to admit theres any fault with sytem, but just few days ago on their website they only left drivers for windows 8 and a lot of people with same problem left reviews of problem on ebuyer page.

Can't do anything without Acer recovery disk :Angryfire

akariz, I'm having similar problems installing win7 on an L80.

Most drivers from the site for Win 8 are working fine on Win 7 6bit, but I can't get the wireless card working. The driver on the Acer site has issues when installed, with this....

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Any help is appreciated.

as far as i know, this has been the problem with all so far.
you can installk any version to it, but the down side of not installing windows 8, is the drivers issues!

Only way i can help is to forward you a copy of windows 8, so far this has been the only solution i found !

Did you bought thi machine from acer, did it not come with OS system pre-installed?

as far as i know, this has been the problem with all so far.
you can installk any version to it, but the down side of not installing windows 8, is the drivers issues!

Only way i can help is to forward you a copy of windows 8, so far this has been the only solution i found !

Did you bought thi machine from acer, did it not come with OS system pre-installed?

Bought from ebuyer with no OS. I'm not going to install Win 8. A friend bought this for their grandson to just play online games (cbeebies etc) and some educational stuff on, and I said I'd build it for them. I have loads of spare Win 7 licences, so the plan is to install that. Worst scenario is they don't use wireless, but I'll try to find a way around it.

Why can't you just get the hardware ID of the devices you don't have drivers for and search for them. You don't need specific Acer drivers for the device, it's essentially just a PC.

Tried that too, but to no solution.

I've just seen somebody say they got the Win 7 64 bit drivers for the L70 on the Acer site, so just downloading now. Will report back with the results, it may save others the trouble.

Worked like a charm!!!!

Inside the "ndis6xWin7" folder of the L70 Win 7 drivers is the required .inf file!! :Biggrin2: :Bounce: :drink:

Where there's a will there's a way!

Thanks for the help.

Back