Solo2 Jtag

Sorry AJT I hadn't been following that thread.

Never thought of taking it elsewhere to get it fixed. just had to bite the bullet and send it back. Hopefully it will come back repaired and last longer than 2 days.

Yep it's a right pain in the behind sending it back but at least it will be sorted eventually and still covered by any warranty they claim to give.
Keep us posted how it goes. Especially when you get it back.

Hi People

I have received more information from the supplier on how to fix this issue. Basically they are recommending me to desolder a chip and they will send out a new one for me to replace. The chip that needs replaced is the Samsung k9f2g08u0b (or thats what it is on my board). Its the chip nearest the card reader assembly. They have sent me a couple of videos on how to replace this chip (which I will upload once I find out how).

However this is beyond my comfort level, I have a decent skill level with electronics but reslodering a chip that looks like it was flow soldered to the board originally is not my kind of fun. Therefore i have decided to send my motherboard back to let them do it.

I thought I would share this info so that others with a bit more skill and bravery can attempt it. The chips are available to buy through the "baba quick" place.

Hope this helps somebody.

Good luck.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/down...4313-download-removing-replacing-samsung.html

I have the same problem on my solo2, only the power button works.

someone has solved changing the chip samsumg? and you need to record some bin before soldering or needless and works with the blank chip.

thanks

Hi all,
just lost my box this morning. powered it off at the back due to it freezing and then nothing only the power button light in standby mode.

so that I've got things straight:

Is the only fix for the clones a re solder of said chip or does the bootloader replacement work?

cheers

Hi all,
just lost my box this morning. powered it off at the back due to it freezing and then nothing only the power button light in standby mode.

so that I've got things straight:

Is the only fix for the clones a re solder of said chip or does the bootloader replacement work?

cheers
Same here, worked fine for a few days and than suddenly it did not boot anymore. Did not do a firmware upgrade nor change... :Angryfire

Some update how to fix?

Hello,

How can I see the 'source codes' on msg #49 ?

Thanks ;-)

same issue...
What can we do ?

Any solution...
My Vu+ Solo2 only worked for 2 days... :(
I want it back aliveeeeeeeeeee !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Found... the Broadcom Studio, but does someone has the installer files for the BCM7356? The other I can find...:THANKS:

Last edited:
I think all we can do is to wait until a proper fix comes by Chinese manufacturers.

I have tried a few things but not good. I do not want to send it back to China now, i will wait a couple of days more.

Hi Guy's, just an update on the clone attack.

L&W are now offering either to send a couple of chips to solder in at home or they will accept the mobo from the box and do the work in china.

posted mine back today.

hello
if I replaced the Samsung chip my self will I then be able to update via com port or usb or does the chip need to be programmed first.
thanks bonrusty

I think its pre programmed and you flash an image with the old drivers straight away with nothing connected except power cable

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

I posted a picture of the chip here:

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-s...344-vu-solo-chip-replacement-post2424142.html

On the chip on one corner there will be an indented circle which indicates pin 1 on the chip. On the main board again if you look at the chip you should see the indented circle so the chip is installed in that orientation.

Make sure you have the right equipment and skills else you might end up with a kacked box.

Toshiba chip I got had 3 circles I think in 3 or the 4 corners. Basically just goes same side up as the other is facing text speaking. Text designates which way the chip should be. (I hope).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Welll finaly we can answer this topic with a "Yes its possible",the files are downloadable on VU-HD but i uploaded (thanx to D2zet) to oure downloads,so this might be the end of bricked solo2`s and end of swapping chips and endles motherboards and IC`s,congrat guys and thanx the Chinese...

Ok,heres the question why are the Lonrisun guys sending the JTAG files now?Why??Do they just recently find this out?The answer is NO they knew it from the day the TimeBomb attacked and the boxes died!
You guys remember i was telling about this Chinese guy i was communicating with,he told me that but he said they wouldnt want to make this public,because they hoped this would also be a possibility to sell more Boxes,and funny part is that,next to people whom orderd Chips and motherboards,they were also selling boxes,even i bought 2 then;-)

off course not all of them,because the litlle Factorys they realy didnt knew this and they were realy suprised by this VU attack and felt the heat of theire customers,but the guy i talked IS a guy working for the big ones!

Ok now the question again:Why now?Why not then and why not next year?

.......Sunray boxes...

Thats ure answer,people with Solo2 clones realy hated the VU attack and still skared sh*t for another one,so they are not realy trusting the Lonrisun boxes anymore,and recently the Sunray boxes appear and more and more people are counting on the famous "service" port of the box,Lonrisun has seeing the drop in their selling and now its the time to win the trust of the Clone user back,and give him the priceles part of the Vu solo2:The Jtag part!

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2031/

And here the Broadbandstudio 3 msi file:

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2032/

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned here many times samsung chip after attack is write protected.
Can jtag method overcome write protection?

Well what would be the point in the JTAG if not? Ask yourself that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's not left write protected as far as I know, is it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back