solo se

Re: hands on the new vu+solo se

I am so Looking forward to OpenVix releasing their image,you can not beat the simplicity and ease of use that comes with openvix images..each to their own though.

It will be a while yet, the old kernel images we made for the Solo SE are fine, but the new kernel is a mess for none Vu+ OI based images and they broke timeshift and recording for the Solo SE in the latest set of drivers for none OI based images.

Never heard of an LNB Quadrant perhaps thats why the official name is 'Band' as in 4 Frequency bands, it also helps with the naming of LNB's like KU-Band, C-Band, KA-Band.

Unless i missed something and the name changed

What, you mean to tell me the mighty digi247 does not know every thing in the world there is to know ?. Now there is a surprise.

on the back of the solo se next to wear the lmb screws in whats that for next to it is this an rf conector can u connect an other satlite resever to this if the other satellite resever is in stand buy

regards simon

on the back of the solo se next to wear the lmb screws in whats that for next to it is this an rf conector can u connect an other satlite resever to this if the other satellite resever is in stand buy

regards simon

It's a loop out..another connector you can connect to another box or something.

so I just connect it to my othere satellite resever then

regards simon

so I just connect it to my othere satellite resever then

regards simon

You can do but it will only be any use if the tuner on solo se is not being used or you will get the same scenario as if the box was recording..

whats the procedure on flashing the solo se

regards simon
ps what do u think of the solo se so far AJT

whats the procedure on flashing the solo se

regards simon
ps what do u think of the solo se so far AJT

It's all in first post and so on.

are u going to do a full review on the solo se AJT when uhave time

regards simon

ps switch box off put usb in the back power on the box watch for the light to dim switch the box off remove the usb stick switch box back on is that rjght

are u going to do a full review on the solo se AJT when uhave time

regards simon

ps switch box off put usb in the back power on the box watch for the light to dim switch the box off remove the usb stick switch box back on is that rjght

To be honest there's not much more to say that's not here already.
Power off box and insert USB,power on box and light will flash dim to indicate flashing,when flashing is complete light will flash bright.Turn off box remove USB and power on.

enigma 1 enigma 2 chanel lists can the solo se use both or just one whats the difrense between the 2

regards simon

enigma 1 enigma 2 chanel lists can the solo se use both or just one whats the difrense between the 2

regards simon

Well solo se is an enigma2 box.enigma 1 boxes are just older and ran images of that time being enigma1.

1 is the difference.

Last edited:

What, you mean to tell me the mighty digi247 does not know every thing in the world there is to know ?. Now there is a surprise.

Here we go again, Never have said i knew everything and never will the same as every other person on this planet apart from yourself of course. What i do know is they are more commonly referred to as 'Bands'

Here we go again, Never have said i knew everything and never will the same as every other person on this planet apart from yourself of course. What i do know is they are more commonly referred to as 'Bands'

I have never said I know every thing, but just because you have not heard of a particular term does not mean it is incorrect either, and in Europe they are more commonly known as quadrants not bands.

He installs for a living, hes satellite installer trained.
Terminology changes.
I dont see many others answering to earlier question knowing about quadrants.
I googled it in the end to find out what it was.

@manic01 thanks for the Support LOL, Probably best to leave this is an agree/disagree situation, My initial post had a little hint of sarcasm i suppose and well you know how these things tend to go everyone's a keyboard warrior in this day and age :proud:

I think we seemed to get to the point where yes they are also known as Quadrant's but the most familiar term is Band's.

Time to go into hiding now just in case: mr ed :

Last edited by a moderator:
You over priced it by £20 LOL should be £99 its a single tuner FFS

The original solo is still £150+, so I don't see how the new machine, with more power, bigger flash, more ram, pluggable tuner and blindscan is going to be cheaper, infact I think for it to be only £30 more than the much older box makes it pretty good value.

Also a quick look shows that a clone solo is still over £100 to buy too.

The original solo is still £150+, so I don't see how the new machine, with more power, bigger flash, more ram, pluggable tuner and blindscan is going to be cheaper, infact I think for it to be only £30 more than the much older box makes it pretty good value.

Also a quick look shows that a clone solo is still over £100 to buy too.

It's still overpriced no matter if you stick a warp drive or Flux capacitor in there i still wouldn't buy one

It's still overpriced no matter if you stick a warp drive or Flux capacitor in there i still wouldn't buy one

Horses for courses..it does the same as any other E2 single tuner..just really quickly..

In your opinion, but imo £99 is unrealistic, the tuner alone would be £30 to buy the remote control would be £25, so that leaves the rest of it at £45, does that sound realistic to you ?

Just because it's not what your looking for, doesn't mean it is over priced, it's just more than you would pay for the features that it has.

The Solo2 is £80 more and for that you get an extra fixed sat tuner, gigabit lan, front panel display and internal hdd space, thats about it.

If you don't need the internal hdd (as you can use network or usb hdd's) and you don't need twin tuners (not everyone does) then why pay extra for a solo2 ?

At the same time, if you only needed a single tuner would you rather a Solo (again with a fixed tuner) for £150 or a SoloSE for £180 ?

any bodau bought one yet besides ajt if so what u think of the solo se

regards simon

si its worth the money then how big is it in inches l w h

regards simon

iv red the reviewi and I very inprest with it

have u got a motorised dish if so did u scan the satllites ur self was it quick what is the reception on 7 west and sirus 4.8 e and 26 e
regards simon

whats the pic like and sound compared with duo 2 regards simon

Last edited by a moderator:
any bodau bought one yet besides ajt if so what u think of the solo se

regards simon

I have one, it's a great little box, the cpu is basicly the same as in the duo2, with the exception that it doesn't do hardware transcoding.

I have it connected to my duo2's internal hdd on my network for recording, and it works well.

Very quick, silent (due to being fanless), it's ideal for a bedroom / spare room, or for someone that doesn't need a twin tuner (even though usb tuners could be added later if needed).

si its worth the money then how big is it in inches l w h

regards simon

I can't answer that, only you can decide if it's worth the money to you.

As for dimensions I only have the measurements in mm WxDxH 211mm x 185mm x 40mm

Last edited:
have u got a motorised dish if so did u scan the satllites ur self was it quick what is the reception on 7 west and sirus 4.8 e and 26 e
regards simon

I do have a motorised dish, but I haven't connected the SE to it.

I'm sure the reception will be the same as I get with the Duo2, or Solo2 on 7°w and 4.8°e, as for 26°e I can only pick that up in the winter as I have a tree blocking that sat at this time of year.

Back