skybox f3 scrambled/no signal

ben600249

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok the story starts when i bought a skybox f3 and have bought a 12 months sub, eveything was fine for first month untill i got a scramble message on my screen, so i know a few people who have the same box of same provider and they have no probs, so my mate swapped boxes with me, but i still get scrambled/no signal once its been on for hour or so, i swapped internet provider and Ethernet cables and had my dish checked and everything comes up ok, i want to upgrade to v+ but dont want to spend that sort of money if i get the same, can anybody help please

If your mate has swapped boxes with you and you still get the message its probably your dish that is faulty. You need get someone to check your satellite cable line/LNB or the dish may have moved.

i would guess as its more to do with your internet somewhere along the line, as if it works well for an hour or so and pictures good on all channels then your dish must be fine.

if your getting FTA channels fine and you're just getting scramble on encrypted then your dish will be fine.

Most likely your internet or the server your with is too slow.

(I thought you were getting no signal on all the channels including FTA)

Who is your internet with?

Im getting scrambled channels also, like all of box office is scrambled. A couple of channel that work randomly got scrambled, most likely server issues. Other than the 3 is a great box, I love it, HD is crystal clear.

i was on virmin now ive changed to plusnet and getting good speeds, ive changed all wires and get free to air no probs. the problem started again last night wife was watching universal channel for a good 15 mins then the dreaded message scrambled then no signal for around 2 mins then back on. its beat me can anybody else help please

i think i may go for new dish and lmb as i had a guy out and i redid the cable but as you said it could be just water in cable. is that from lmb side do you think or would i be best just to get new dish setup

Is your router opening the right ports? Switch on upnp if it isn't on. My openbox reports a really low signal until the channel actually opens then it'll jump up to 75% odd

Back