Sim2 SSL with original dreambox ?

mcnallbe

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is a bit of a n00b question, but I've not been able to find the answer through searching. Apologies if it's obvious.

I've an original (non-clone) 800HD, and can use the official DreamMachines SSL 84 (downloaded from their website) just fine.

But whenever I flash a "Sim2" SSL, such as version 84B that comes with OpenPLI 2 or 84D that comes with OpenPLI 3, I get a "Error no CA" message at boot up, and have to put back the official SSL using DreamUp.

Currently I've flashed Gjstroom's OpenPLI 2 image, then flashed the official SSL 84 afterwards, and that appears to boot the system ok and I can watch TV.

But am I missing anything by not using the 84B or 84D versions? Do they provide extra features, or are they just to enable loading of the system image? The one odd thing I'm experiencing (as mentioned on another thread) is being unable to view BBCiPlayer or ITVPlayer.

Does it even make sense to use the 84B or 84D SSL on an original DreamBox, or are they strictly only for clones?

The clone bootloaders are to allow clone sims to function.

Continue as you are doing, i.e. flash original bootloader after flashing image (prior to reboot).

Back