shed design

turner brown

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok here is my dilemma I got some kingspan composite panels to make a shed from these are 90 mm thick 1m wide and weight a bit
as there steel and plastic coated .I has sorted the base ready to be concreted and its now time to get the frame sorted
but cant choice from steel or wood
i would ideally like steel and have been looking for designs and struggling a little ,anyone good with cad and steel frame buildings

the shed will be 5m by 3 meter 2.5 high at front and 2.1 at rear with sides being the 3m section
i am also fitting a patio door and ideally using the same panels for roof as i think i have plenty of them

no one help wow that's not like this place . ah well will keep looking

Maybe we're all just trying to get our heads around it lol

Presumably these are offcuts? How will you join the sections? Horizontally they'll overlap I guess but how vertically?

Personally, I would go for wood and notch the insulation to suit but I guess you could use angle iron although it's a little harder to work with.

Why bother with CAD M8 - you can do this with a simple sketch?

na there full panels mate not off cuts and there 5.7 meter per panel
the reason i was looking for a design is so i could take these to see a few
steel works and get specs of what i need as i have never built anything from steel apart from pallet racking
looks like you may be right hh back to paper and pencil
i will get a couple a pics of panels and base(not finished )

40mm box square tubing should make your frame. Then bend some L shaped flat bar 25mm x 4mm to make your brackets, these will have holes in either end to pick up your side panels. Straight brackets with holes in should cover the middle sections. these brackets are then welded to your 40mm x 40mm box section. Then its a matter of bolting together.

ye miggy that's what i was thinking about and did find these

All Steel Shed Frames, Cabins, Buildings, Connectors, and More... (Phoenix, AZ)

but cant find anything similar in the uk

If you took that picture to any fabrication welding firm they would make them up for you. Have a look in your area for welding firms they are not hard to make. Calculate how many right angles you will need, how many T sections ect and buy the tube box section to suit. Failing that mate you could make it out of wood and get your brackets from your local DIY store. Wood will work out a lot cheaper for you though.

will see what can get sorted and update with pics
will also be putting in a window or 2 as mate has a couple units for me

will see what can get sorted and update with pics
will also be putting in a window or 2 as mate has a couple units for me

If you think on the lines of decking the area first you could build everything up from that mate. :)

ok little update on this and a few pics of work in progress

base dug out and ready for concrete

IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3479.JPG

electric cable in before concrete

IMG_3480.JPG

panels I will be using

IMG_3476.JPG

ok concrete been in for a week and went for a wooden frame
got a bit of this done and a couple of panels on

IMG_3564.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

also managed to get kingspan floor tiles so these will go down to insulate floor

IMG_3569.JPG

just got to finish front framing and then windows and doors in hopefully over the next couple weeks it will be finished

Looking good mate, I bet that little fella is a damn good worker as well. Keep up the good work mate. :)

well ye could say something like that

had a day full graft on it and its nearly done
there is a lot of finishing to do and still to get the window in the side and roof but that's a job for tomorrow

hear is some more pics

IMG_3578.JPG

IMG_3579.JPG

IMG_3580.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3607.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3582.JPG
    IMG_3582.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Back