Samsung Galaxy S4 launch confirmed for 14 March

I've just bought the one and sense 5 is nothing like what it was like when I had a one x. This is an amazing phone and I'm normally swapping phones every few months but this could well be a keeper

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Didn't think it was out yet, thought it had been delayed due to part shortages? How much you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?
:Biggrin2:

Didn't think it was out yet, thought it had been delayed due to part shortages? How much you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?
:Biggrin2:

I paid £490, been out a few weeks but I had to ring 4 local p4u stores to get one. I've only had it since Thursday so still finding how it works but build, camera and sound quality is excellent, it's fast and some of the new features I thought I eouldnt use ( blinkered) is pretty good for all your upto date news and social sites.

I paid £490, been out a few weeks but I had to ring 4 local p4u stores to get one. I've only had it since Thursday so still finding how it works but build, camera and sound quality is excellent, it's fast and some of the new features I thought I eouldnt use ( blinkered) is pretty good for all your upto date news and social sites.

That's a good price, maybe tempted at that! It still available do you know? What's the camera like? Ultra pixel as opposed to mega pixel?

that's the cheapest I could find, best bet is to ring local stores and see if they've got any stock. Taken a few pics and seem OK, the best shot option is pretty cool it will take several pics at once then it will delete them except what it considers to be best shot

that's the cheapest I could find, best bet is to ring local stores and see if they've got any stock. Taken a few pics and seem OK, the best shot option is pretty cool it will take several pics at once then it will delete them except what it considers to be best shot

Samsung have same thing , I think.

I have the Galaxy S3 which I am more then happy with. I think the S4 will be an excellent phone. What lets these phones down is the plastic back which makes the phone feel slightly cheaper. I understand why they have done that though(Reduce weight.)

I have the Galaxy S3 which I am more then happy with. I think the S4 will be an excellent phone. What lets these phones down is the plastic back which makes the phone feel slightly cheaper. I understand why they have done that though(Reduce weight.)

I think the plastic backs are more than just weight reduction. It's also cheaper and faster to produce plastic backs so they can have faster higher volume output from the factory and keep costs down at the same time. Win Win for Samsung..not so great for the end user. Only advantage is that it's easy to swap the back cover if it gets scratched up etc..and also removable battery is always a good thing.

why are people bothered about plastic backs
we only end up putting plastic cases over them anyway

really tempted to get the galaxy s4 going to wait till get a play with it first and if I like will get

Because plastic backs look and feel cheap and nasty. You don't expect to pay for top dollar a premium smart phone to get a cheap look and feel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

But once got case on you can't see or feel the back

True, but cases wreck the whole look and feel of a phone and add bulk, shouldn't have to have a case just to cover up the manufacturers cost cutting.. Not to mention the newer phones like the nexus 4, Nokia lumia And S4 have wireless charging support not sure this works with a case as the back of the phone needs to be in contact with the charging pad.

e, but case the whole look and feel of a phone and add bulk, shouldn't have to have a case just to cover up the manufacturers cost cutting.. Not to mention the newer phones like the nexus 4, Nokia lumia And S4 have wireless charging support not sure this works with a case as the back of the phone needs to be in contact with the charging pad.

I believe you replace the plastic back with a special back including a battery.

Back