rs232 cable for dream up

chopperk22

Inactive User
Reaction score
am trying to set up rs232 cable to work with dream up,doesnt respond when i turn on box and dont know how to find out which com port im connected to on comp.i see from other posts that im not the first with same problem but cant find solution anywhere,does anyone know how to solve this really annoying problem,thanks.

It should be a null modem cable, not rs232. Don't think they are the same.

Are you connected to the com port at back of PC? That is com1.

Dreamup should default to com1 anyway so should be ok.

you are ment to open dream up clik connect then switch on the dreambox and make sure the use network box is not ticked and select com 1. Devil fish the other name for null modem cable is the rs232 cable.

rs232 is normally a straight through cable

you use the straight through cables for unloopers but for dreamboxes im sure its a null modem cable which looks the same 9 pin but the wires inside are as your man said are twisted and configured diferently i know as i use a looper and at the start i was stumpted as to why things werent working i was using the wrong type so its a null modem you need m8

thanks lads,i dont have connection for null modem cable so i bought a cable with usb on one end and null on the other but when i connect and turn on dreambox when it asks it doesnt connect

thanks lads,i dont have connection for null modem cable so i bought a cable with usb on one end and null on the other but when i connect and turn on dreambox when it asks it doesnt connect
is it a laptop your using

Check in the device manager which comport your usb adapter got.
Beside that you need a nullmodem cable connected to the adaptor..

dont know what that is,what does it look like
look at the back of the pc there are a few females the one you are looking for look like this image 12 is what it looks like at the back of the pc the other one is the cable m8 look at the atatchments

There are tons of deskops on the market without comports.
Try your usb to serial adaptor plus nullmodem cable.

Back