root samsung galaxy note tablet

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, just picked up a samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet today and so far really impressed with it, deciced to look into rooting it and found this on my travels and thought may come in useful for others, info from the site

For those of you who want an easier/quicker method to root your Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000/GT-N8013, you can install the “High On Android” ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Note 10.1. This will allow you to install, backup, and restore ROMs and also flash zip files so you can root your GT-N8000/GT-N8013/GT-N8010.

UPDATE: This root method works for both 3G and Wifi Note 10.1, GT-N8000 or GT-N8013 or GT-N8010. If your model number starts with any of those model numbers, you can use this method fine.

This root method works for all ICS and Jelly Bean. (Android 4.0.3, 4.0.4, 4.1.1)

This root method does increase your binary counter (unlike the other root method) but I wouldn’t worry so much as ChainFire the developer of Triangle Away app (app that resets the binary counter) is pretty quick about supporting new devices (so in the near future it should be possible to reset it easily).

Also, if you don’t see a firmware listed for your Galaxy Note 10.1 for the other root method and you don’t want to flash another country’s firmware, you can use this method and safely root without changing your firmware.

video i followed

files needed

View attachment RootGalaxyNote10.1.zip

Back