Recommendations for IPTV player

jhdetailing

Inactive User
Reaction score
Any of you kind people recommend a good player or minimum spec. For a player. Must be cheap.

Why not download XBMC to your PC. ITV Player and many other streaming addons are available.

Try that if you like it you could by a cheap Raspberry PI setup for you TV and install the same to that.

I have smart Samsung t.v and there is a Plex plugin for it now I can stream from my laptop straight to the t.v and the best thing is it runs in the background and I can continue to work on my lap top at the same time, I know plex is a offshoot of xbmc but xbmc would not run in the background for me.

xbmc with few plugins hooked from lappy to tv

a good adition for cheap free tv

be interesting how the sports run come kick off lol

I found these Raspberry PI for £29 as I wanted to get one and see what it was all about... as everyone talks about them!

Raspberry Pi , Model B 512 MB, Revision 2, Latest Version ! | eBay

Cheapest I found them but to be honest not sure where it's coming from, as I ordered it last friday and still not here?

Regards
Mick

I think youll like em Mick coupled with a xbmc remote to control it the PI is not far off a Jailbroke Apple TV in terms of performance.

I think youll like em Mick coupled with a xbmc remote to control it the PI is not far off a Jailbroke Apple TV in terms of performance.
@Ferret What is an XBMC remote control ?

App or something mate, you are going to have elaborate now lol.

Mick

Last edited:
@Ferret What is an XBMC remote control ?

App or something mate, you are going to have elaborate now lol.

Mick
@Mick Its a remote used with Media Center Edition Pc's basically a remote control and IR receiver you plug in to the PI.

You can use apps on android or apple phones but these are a bit laggy better with a proper remote if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Android mate has no hardware graphics acceleration when used with XBMC so some resolutions of HD stutter.

XBMC is the way to go mate research it then see what kit fits your needs.

you may find your tv remote works already with the Pi using xbmc through the hdmi on the samsung its known has CEC

you can also play your dm800 or vu anywhere on your lan with XBMC and zap channels

i dont use openlec, i use my own build based on the raspmc version and tbh its ok and never had a problem with the menu

Ok always found openlec to be faster all-round imo, ive all team builds on separate cards and always end up back on openelec

Maybe my tv is my issue with CEC.

Apparently the sky now player ( £10) can sideload plex. Anyone know if that means xbmc is possible?

Back