Raspberry PI

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hello guys

Been looking at these Raspberry PI kits and wondered if they are worth the cash? Im sure many of you on here use these and i am curious what i can actually do with one , i see that it can be used for a small pc browser but as they are so popular i wondered what other cool stuff these are capable of and any good websites for projects ect?

Many thanks

Someone gave me one that had been adapted to be used like one of those Android TV streaming boxes. It seemed to cope fairly well but as I seldom watch TV it lies on a shelf now.

I use 1 for retro game consoles.
Dont play it much now but it worked good.

A shit load of things you can do with it example plex server a media player a emulation station for game a desktop or even a openmediavault

I dug an original pie b a week or so ago i loaded rasperian onto. It runs awfull. It could be a number of things but its not like it was when they first came out so i guess maybe a little old. As a desk top it look neat but just remember its not windows.

I've got one that i've never opened. Keep meaning to have a play with it, but never opened it. As for a desktop PC, I dont think you can run windows or anything on it, but you can certainly run a linux distro and do some funky stuff with it.

Rasperian is still supporting the original pi but when i loaded it onto sd card a week ago it was slow once the desktop version was up and running. Shame cost i just put a small tv in the bedroom and it sat well under the tv.

Back