QSB - Jtag - 10 Pin Headers - Kits Here - NAND x - Install xbox 360

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morning, well i guess some of you would have been waiting for this to appear! lololol...go easy.!

I got the nand-x yesterday and I've opened it, god the little QSB's are small aren't they! (haven't even got the cool runner/wires yet!)

Any way.

I've been searching and can see that the QSB's really replace the 10 pin headers (I'm thinking i might just do the 10 pin headers as they actually look a little easier to do (plus I've done them in the past)

Just after a bit of advice really....

been reading about the "jtag" and the "nand-x" there 2 different things all together.

You should know that NAND and JTAG are two completely separate entities. NAND is for reading / writing the NAND Flash in your Xbox. The JTAG is for enabling your Xbox to boot the images you write back to your NAND such as XELL / Freeboot etc
So just a question. if i have a few parts to install (QSB's or headers) and also a "cool runner" and also a "jtag" QSB's

What's the process of installing.

Naturally after install you leave everything in you don't remove them. We recommend you install the NAND-X part first - make sure you have a correct dump of the nand before you do ANY part of the JTAG install.

So if i install the nand-x 2 x QSB's and then do a dump, i'm a bit confused as when do i install the cool runner? or do i so the nand-x QSB's and also install "cool runner" at the same time for dumping/reading and writing the nand?

i was following the "jtag" tut, that's got both the nand-x QSB's installed and the cool runner and shows you reading/writing the nand.... after this i then install the "jtag" QSB? to boot into xell (i see the jtag kit has a small yellow wire that runs to the front of the xbox)

Cheers guys.

08122011129edit.jpg

Last edited:
You dont use the Jtag bits if your installing Coolrunner m8, just the Nand-X.

They say to install Nand-X first to take a dump ;)

h..p://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74888

Last edited:
Install nandx qsb , dump nand couple of times with nand x using nandpro or jtagtool .use multibuilder to make glitch image ie xell. program coolrunner with xvsf file via nand x ( one specific to your board ie trinity xenon ect)
install coolrunner , write nanddump with xell made by multibuilder to xbox. Start xbox with coolrunner installed and xell will come up , take note of cpu key & put in note pad and save as cpukey .txt putb into multibuilder and make freeboot or gg image . write .bin to xbox , install fsd, dashlanch ect .

AHA! awesome! c3po you just made it a lot clearer! thanks very much for that!

(So i can use the headers or the QSB's to attach and read the nand! I've been looking at them and i think i might go for the headers rather than the QSB's like)

great news for me then! thanks man.

So just suppose you didn't have a cool runner, then would i have installed the nand-x and then after a successful dump then installed the little "jtag" QSB ? to boot into xell...i see it's got a small few jumper settings on it, i guess this is for resistance etc as back in the day people were installing resistors etc.

Nice one buddy.

So i'll get it installed (nand-x and cool runner) then as following the "jtag" guide they have them both hooked up and running.

Ta.

@ mrjai66's

Sounds complicated..! lol....hoping that the "jtag" tool will do it all for me!

Last edited:
If you didn't have a Coolrunner you'd need an exploitable dash m8

Should be there today, was posted yesterday.

maybe its just me but I can't stand qsbs or the header install, wires every time for me.

What I do is.

Hook up the nandx, start reading the nand.

While doing that hook up my bus pirate and program my glitch chip.

Once I've done two reads and programmed the chip I file compare the dumps and create the .ecc file.

Write this back using nandpro.

Instal the glitch chip.

Boot console and get cpukey

Made ggbuild image, wrote with nand pro

Test, remove nandx, finalise install

Cheers Oggy, no rush for it as i have a lot to learn, all my new soldering kit's come, cleaner, new solder tips etc. so really this is for some thing to do over the Xmas holidays! lolol.....thanks for the tips and the advice, as ever, appreciated.

@ c3po i have a feeling the little solder points under the board are going to be the biggest pain in the ass.

@ Oggy QSB's yeah i can see what you mean with this, there flipping tiny!

If you didn't have a Coolrunner you'd need an exploitable dash m8

So no coolrunner you have to have a dash that you can exploit....i see, and with a coolrunner you can pretty much do them all?

....i see, and with a coolrunner you can pretty much do them all?

Upto 16304 deffo , there was a hint of then new dash stopping RGH ? I won't be updating my RGh'd to 14699 until I know it's safe to do so.

yeah I'd read about that as well mate! thanks for the heads up everyone, appreciated! got all me new soldering kit here! i should be good to go,

I'm off to have a test soldering some microns together!

Back