Putting Freestyle on my jtag! need a refresher course! jtag xbox 360

I'm hopefully going to attempt this after picking up my new USB HDD for my jtag,having read the 4 pages I'm a little confused,any chance of a step by step,holding my hand whilst being spoon fed guide please ;)
I've downloaded the files I need(I think),formatted the HDD(Fat32) so what do I do next?

What dashboard are you on mate.

(I'd also get NAND Flasher 360 for XBOX 360 v1.2.0, when you copy the contents of the folder to a usb stick and put it and launch it on your 360 you'll be greeted with 2 options, read or write nand" of course read you nand, this will put a copy of your nand onto the usb key. You will need this if your wishing to update your dashboard, put it back in your computer and rar the file and then save it some where safe!!!)

Oggy pretty much covered it in post #20 >>>>>>here <<<<<<<<

Or like me you can do it the old fashioned way.

which means burning xex menu to CD and then putting that in the machine.

Load it up and you'll get to the xex menu, then copy the code9999 folder (by pressing buttons on the controller you'll be greeted with copy, paste, create options") what you doing is your copying the contents of the CD to the xbox so you can boot into xex menu from the HDD rather than the cd)

go to the CD Press copy on the code9999 folder then go back to your HDD, then look for a folder called "msd content" If you go into this folder you either need to create a folder with sixteen zero's in there, if you don't have it (You can create the folder in xex menu or by using an ftp client to log into the xbox and go to the HDD Content folder, then just create a folder with all them zero's, 16 in fact)

Go back to the xbox and then paste the c0de9999 folder to the 0000000000000000 folder on the HDD drive. (So c0de9999 from CD to HDD
> HDD\ Content \ 0000000000000000)

So on the HDD you'll have some thing like

MS HDD \ Content \ 0000000000000000 \ c0de9999 \ 00080000 \ C0DE99990F586558

You will then be able to run xex menu from the HDD not using the CD/DVD rom! :cool:

Pretty much what Oggy posted again mate in that thread for installing FSD and "installer"

6 minutes 47 odd seconds in this vid you'll see what i mean. (I don't go through the whole process but you'll see what I mean about the copy/paste options etc)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PLEASE CHECK WHAT DASHBOARD YOUR ON 1ST MATE I'D HATE YOU TO GOOSH IT UP!

Oh and I found it a lot easier if you use a hard drive that's formatted to xbox 360 by the xbox and attached to the side of it, like the normal HDD's I had a bit of a mare trying to get FSD to run from the external USB/HDD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dibbers.
Could I run FSD from the M$ 20gb hd but run my games from the USB hd?

yeah that would be a better option, I found that when I was trying to install FSD to an external USB then it was a mare as for example the Content folder wasn't there, I'm sure there's plenty of people that can run from external USB but I found it confusing as all the instructions that I was following all related to an attached HDD. so they were all telling me what I've just told you.

Then get "installer" on and run it, and then FSD will be fine, you just tell it to look at "paths" for where the games are, so I have a 300 gig attached to the HDD port where the old HDD used to sit (I bought a caddy for it, a proper xbox 360 case if you know what I mean, turned 360 on and then formatted it) then have a 1 x TB full of games that's attached to the USB port on the front of the machine.

That way as you say, fsd and that runs from the HDD and all my games run off the 1 x TB. (apart from xbla, I have them on the attached HDD)

Cheers hope this helps.

So yeah, Plug in the hdd and get it formatted in the 360, then when you run xex menu from the CD you'll then be able to copy over xex menu c0de9999 to the attached as described above.

Cheers once again Dibbers.I'll have a go once I've managed to get one of these transistors off an old board I have(in one piece!)for the fans

yeah good luck with that man, sorry I couldn't help any more.

i am looking at doing this the now, but when i try fsd in from xexmenu, i have no games

also i was wanting to ftp in for updates on games but i dont want to connect to live ....is there an easy way to do this

i am looking at doing this the now, but when i try fsd in from xexmenu, i have no games

also i was wanting to ftp in for updates on games but i dont want to connect to live ....is there an easy way to do this

Have a look at your game paths and the level of scanning the folders and then make sure you save it, one of the buttons, blue or some thing along the bottom after you've added the game path(s)

Block it in family settings and DON'T allow connection to live, I'd also do it in "installer" as well as that blocks access to the M$ servers.

p.s I'd just get it to boot straight into FSD. :cool:

1:50 ish seconds in the video shows you mate.

Last edited:
ok told it where to look for games, iso2god games making me laugh as it randomly pics one then,

right ok, i have it now i want it to auto boot ? lil help my head hurts

missed your reply dibbers mate,

not sure if i want it launching from boot as a couple iso2god games i play missing, also i must be blind as i am not sure at all where to stop the connection to the net

i went to do this ages ago and gave up now i am feeling the same again

ok doke, its booting up and all connected thank you, i will just need to find these isogames if possible then jobs a good un

its a million times better right enough

I just booted the jtag up to get a screen shot and that for you, (like post 30) but your all sorted so happy days.

You could just edit the ini file I guess and make it not boot into FSD should you wish to do that, And when you say find the ISO games? what do you mean with that? are they on the HDD or a usb drive in there respectful folders?

Have you run "installer?" dashlaunch?

Last edited:
aye thanks matey, edited the dashlaunch for myself and found out if hold rt when booting it will go back to m/s dash

dowanloaded all game content updates as well, sorry i mean i have some iso2god games (about 2) and some xbla but it wont find it on the fsd dash

increase the folder depth scan maybe up a notch or two so when it scans it does few folders in if you get me. ?

Nice one man, all sorted then. :cool:

ah christ tried this, then i get a fatal error message and down the bottom its saying tatus http : 3 items left, i try nd continue and it keeps doing the same until it gives up, i tehn try and stop the search and it says i have to wait until it downloads

as for xbla well i went to try one and it booted me out probs as it tried to sign me in....grrrr

did you run installer and block connections to "live" and have you also done it in "Family Settings"

HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

What's the fatal error that you get like?

What dashboard are you on mate.

PLEASE CHECK WHAT DASHBOARD YOUR ON 1ST MATE I'D HATE YOU TO GOOSH IT UP!

Oh and I found it a lot easier if you use a hard drive that's formatted to xbox 360 by the xbox and attached to the side of it, like the normal HDD's I had a bit of a mare trying to get FSD to run from the external USB/HDD.

Dashboard is 2.0.13599.0.I plugged the usb hdd in and formatted but it came back with 16gb when it's a 500gb!

Is that not the amount of space that you have allocated to the machine? If you hook up FTP and FSD then have a look, I can't remember, I remember having to allocate so much space when I 1st attached the HDD, I can fire it up later and have a look to see what the normal dash is showing with the 300 attached.

Last edited:
Back