PSOne Hex Code and Chip?

Hustle

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Sorry I havent posted in a while :)

I have purchased a psone for £5, very retro! :D.

Please could someone tell me where I would be able to download a hex code, and what chip and programmer to purchase as well as a diagram on soldering the wires to the motherboard.

The PSOne model is: SCPH-102 B.

Thank you very much !

:)

If I recall correctly they used to stick them on a 12c508 pic chip. It'd probably be cheaper to Google a pre-programmed one or see if anyone on here has one, rather than going out and buying a promgrammer

Thanks for your reply, I've spent a couple hours on google, I can't find any reputable UK sellers.

Edit: If anyone can help me out, as a thank you I will post live links for SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4 and ESPN ;).

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, but that doesn't talk about the "psone" but the "psx" which I take to mean the fat playstation 1.

Same chip but you might have to double check your hex. You want bios 4.4-4.5 revision C compatibility.

I think I heard a couple of years ago that the code had been ported to a newer pic chip used in early Wii mods but I never looked into it and I could even be getting confused with PS2 on that one. The only benefit would be possibly easier to get pic but the old ones are still only a couple of quid anyway. You could even try and grab a cheap swap disc and avoid a half an hour with the soldering iron :)

PM one of the PS3 gurus who might not stray in here. They'll probably be more heplful

edit:

If you PM me an email addy I'll send you archive with most modchips hex and details how to build your own JDM programmer to run off of serial port... although you'd still save yourself a hassle grabbinga pre-programmed one ;)

Last edited:
Why not buy one of those Swap Magic boot discs, wasn't there a memory card hack that did the same thing?

Hi, I had one of the Swap Magic's for the PSOne, I found the swap magic to be very unreliable, many games were unstable.

I've not come across any memory card hacks?

Why not buy one of those Swap Magic boot discs, wasn't there a memory card hack that did the same thing?

I think the memory card hack was for the PS2. You could use a PSX game disc in a PS2 to boot to HD... god the memory is going!

here you go m8

Attachments

• onechip_hex_dump.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 7
  • fatcat_psone_scph_102.zip
    111.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back