Problem with Funcard Programmer

Daz_Ultra

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive got a Funcard Programmer (Apollo Programmer) with a serial to parallel cable from Jabs Place. When I switch my PC on, the red and green LED's will come on, but eventually go off. I have tried reading my card using MultiProg, but it comes back with the message "No Programmer Found". I have checked the com ports on the setup tab and the only com port it can detect is COM1. I have slected this and it still does not read the card and comes back with the above error message.

To add further to my headache, the lights on the programmer seem to flicker on and off dependign where I place/hold the unit.Id this and indication of dodgy wiring? If so, can a standard parallel to serial cable be used (it came with a home made cable)?

Does the programmer need drivers installed?

And advice or a pointer to a step by step guide on setting up one of these programmers would be much appreciated.

I have tried searching to no avail

Many thanks in advance

Btw, I am trying to program a previously programmed fun card 4, not sure if it is locked or not.

Daz_Ultra said:
Hi,

Ive got a Funcard Programmer (Apollo Programmer) with a serial to parallel cable from Jabs Place. When I switch my PC on, the red and green LED's will come on, but eventually go off. I have tried reading my card using MultiProg, but it comes back with the message "No Programmer Found". I have checked the com ports on the setup tab and the only com port it can detect is COM1. I have slected this and it still does not read the card and comes back with the above error message.

To add further to my headache, the lights on the programmer seem to flicker on and off dependign where I place/hold the unit.Id this and indication of dodgy wiring? If so, can a standard parallel to serial cable be used (it came with a home made cable)?

Does the programmer need drivers installed?

And advice or a pointer to a step by step guide on setting up one of these programmers would be much appreciated.

I have tried searching to no avail

Many thanks in advance

Btw, I am trying to program a previously programmed fun card 4, not sure if it is locked or not.

HiYa,

Try FunProm or FunMagic with your programmer.
Don't think you'll get MultiProg to work with it.

http://shop.jabsplace.co.uk/index.php?main_page=downloads

In FunProm in the drop down under system you will have to install the nt port drivers for xp.

Last edited:
Back