pda or phone/pda

4x4man

Member +
Reaction score
I am sick of carrying around my black diary, my personal mobile and work mobile. I have never had a pda before, and quite like the look of O2 xda, but not the expense of the O2 xdaii. Has anyone got a pda or phone/pda for sale or give me some pointers towards some cheapish ones, £100-£150. Ta.

a guy at works selling the xdaii brand new..i think he wants £200 for it...let me know if you want me to chase it up.

i had an xda2 imported from egypt, its got prayr times and a text arabiser on it but you can wipe all that so its a normal windows mobile operating system, if your gonna search the european sites for one its called a himalaya (like the mountains)

i got mine for £25 plus postage of about £15, its probably nicked as it came with a leather case and no charger but its unlocked to all networks and for the last year has taken the name of 'my life' as i keep all of my work, accounts, appointments, quotes, ferking everything on it, just make sure you buy a memory card for it though as they do tend to crash every now and then

but i would HIGHLY recommend an xda2, even for £200

i can deff recomend o2 xda (original), i have one for work. its phone and also setup for e-mail as well as having word and excel on it.

i have docking stn and sync with pc evey night so e-mails/calender/contacts etc are always upto date. dont know how i would cope now without.

if u travel about then i recomend getting extra battery that piggybacks on the back of existing battery and car charger. i also have additional 128M memory card which does make apps run faster.

also try and get 1 with poctet pc 2003 O/S rather than 2002 cos its very stable 2002 prone to crashing and locking up, once we went to 2003 no crashes in 15 months, when running 2002 used to have to recover form backup at least once a fortnight.

They're definately worth getting if you can get one for a good price. My old manager has a Sony Ericsson P900 from when it come out and I was pretty amazed at the stuff it could do and the graphics.

I definately want a smartphone for my next phone but I've not long bought a K700 so no reason to right now...

cool guys, and thanx for the replies. I will see what Babba's mate says and maybe go for it.

Back