Only the GPU is turning on when I boot the computer

simbokarl

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently ordered a new (prebuilt) computer, since my old one is becoming quite sluggish now.
I got the computer in the mail today and tried booting it for the first time about a hour ago.
When I turn on the computer only the GPU lights and fans start running, the rest of the system stays entirely still.
What could be the cause for this?
Thanks in advance for all the help.

I recently ordered a new (prebuilt) computer, since my old one is becoming quite sluggish now.
I got the computer in the mail today and tried booting it for the first time about a hour ago.
When I turn on the computer only the GPU lights and fans start running, the rest of the system stays entirely still.
New and prebuilt - has it got an operating system on it ? Contact your supplier.

I got the computer in the mail today and tried boo ting it for the first time about a hour ago.
issue got solved

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you care to share what the cause was and how it was solved ? It may help another member who encounters the same problem.

This used to be a regular thing on another forum. Copy a question from another website, reddit was quite popular. A day or so later, post back saying fixed while quoting original post, but inserting a link.

Or respond to an old thread, with quote modified by adding link.

A moderator has removed the link he had added.

Link still to be removed from the following thread
Help with Windows 10 and Core 2 Duo

Back