old versions of uk info disk

bamjonut7

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all as the post title suggests I am after old versions of UK INFO DISK

Anyone point me in the right direction as it seems torrent sites like limetorrents or piratebay don't have anything to offer.

I got the V14 from usenet since I found a post on here from someone who said they found it there recently so just got a 1 month sub and found that no worries.

V3.1 is what I am really after as it was the last version that allowed any phone number reverse searching.

Thanks in advance to anyone for any info.

Danny.

I didn't even know it was still going.

I remember someone ripping me off for an Xbox at Christmas time years and years ago when my kids were small.

I found him through UK INFO DISC and as a last resort I mailed him an false official looking bayliff letter from a made up company instructing that, if payment was not recieved within 28 days they would be granted a court order to come and remove goods to the value,

A week later he paid

I *might* have some. I definately had one with phone numbers but I binned quite a lot of old CD's so not sure if I still have it. Will take a look a the weekend and report back
That would be great thanks.

I found 2 CD's that are labelled UK Info disk 2002 Pro and UK info disk 2003. I believe these have phone numbers on. I also have not tested the CD's but I can probably try and convert to ISO if they still work and upload them somewhere.

When I had it many years ago, it came on 2 CDs, one had to be installed then it read the info off the second CD that didn't install, if my memory is correct.

Version 3.1 that I am specifically after came on one single cd and you could install the whole thing and run it from your hard drive without any troubles.
All the versions following it came on 2 discs as far as I know.
I bought version 4 brand new and that came on two discs and was protected with a server based keycode security that had to be done when you installed it by sending a site key from your own machine when you installed it and entering the code they sent you back.
If you wanted to install it on a different machine you had to reverse the process to prevent piracy.

I now have version 11 and version 14 garnered.

I know there are early versions of this out there, someone had a bunch of the v1 discs for sale on eBay a couple of years ago...

ive just found another version of 11 and 14 with instructions etc. if the ones you have dont work.

instructions i had.

cd 1 and 2 have to be burnt with Alcohol 120% because of protection i.e Securerom NEW 4x/5x...follow these steps and you wont go wrong:

2. Install Alcohol 120% ...

3. Once Alcohol is installed open it up and look for emulation down the lefthand side..click emulation then tick RMPS, Ignore media type

3a In extra emulation tick BAD secotr, Sub-channel, laser lock

4. Click image burning wizard...when the box opens point it to the cd 1 folder with the image file/s in

5. Click next then look for datatype at the bottom and select Securom NEW 4x/5x ...it will put a tick in boxes: Enable Buffer Underrun Technology and Burn RMPS To Recordable Media

6. In Write Method it should say RAW DAO ...also untick Simulation

7. In Write Speed choose 16x... or slower if you have any probs with the first burn

8. Click Start and burn to cdr

8a repeat the same for disk 2

9. Once burnt make sure you put cd 2 in the same drive you installed cd 1 from

Additional Information:

If you get a ERROR 2 problem then follow these instructions

If you only have one CD-Rom drive, please try these steps below:

- With the DATA CD (Disk 2) in your CDROM drive, open MY COMPUTER from your DESKTOP.

- Note which CD ROM Drive Letter (eg D:, E contains the UK INFO Disk.

- Now click on START > RUN and type REGEDIT

- Now expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > i-CD > API > V11.0 > DATA

- Look for the key CDPATH and make sure that it the same as the CDROM DRIVE LETTER that contains the DATA CD. (e.g.: F: or E. If it is not the same, double click to edit it

- Now expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > I-CD > UK INFO DISK > UKID > SETTINGS

- Ensure that the setting for CDPATH is set to the CDROM drive letter that contains the DATA CD.

- If not, double click and make the appropriate change.

Thanks I haven't tried them yet.

With v14 I also got the following instructions plus it came with clonecd and alcohol included.

UK-INFO V14 WORKING VERSION FOR EVERYBODY NOT JUST THOSE IN THE CLIQUE

Install CloneCD_5.3.1.3
install Alcohol_120%

Start the Alcohol program. Look to the menu on the left and click virtual drive.
Make sure the number in the top box is set to zero then click okay.
On the left hand menu click emulation.
Make sure out of the three boxes now offered, only RMPS has a checkmark in it.
Look to the new menu on the left and click extra emulation.
Make sure the only checkmark is in the box marked "Sub channel data".
Now just click okay and close the program.

Install the UK-Info_v14_Instal either by mounting or by burning to disc.
Burn "data disc" using clonecd and following settings

Right click the cd writer you are going to use
in clone cd click settings and select the follwing
RAW/DAO
Tick...
Buffer underrun protection
Allow "amplify week sectors"
Click ok....window closes!
Click next
Select protected game and right click it click edit
Tick....donÆt repair sub channel data
Select emulate weak sectors
Click ok ...window closes

now slip in the data disc and enjoy v14.
This has been burnt using a pioneer dvd-111L also a 106d
hope this helps.

Thanks to ibroxstar,spinifex,clueless,peddler, of course the SHACK and AF

Back