Office Word Help

Bumblefoot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a m8 who has a really old PC, he needs to get his Uni dissertation off the thing but for some unknown reason he thought the HDD was goosed, so he took it to someone who reformatted it and stuck Xp on it, I managed to recover Word files off it but I cannot open them with Word 2003/2007, they come up on Word as little blocks, you can make out an odd word here and there, I have tried Wordpad/Notepad/Open Office even downloaded an old txt converter from MS but still cannot open, I'm pretty sure the files are ok, is there anything out there that might do the job?

Office Compatability Pack? Could be created in Word 2010 which supports XML...

How did you recover it? Which program did you use? Some aren't very good. The best I have used is easus

Don't touch that hdd until you recover needed files.

Best to connect to another PC.

Are you sure they are word files and not works files? Ive seen this before, try installing the Office works converter and see if they open?

Don't touch that hdd until you recover needed files.

Best to connect to another PC.

Yeah I've done that, that's how I managed to get the files off the HDD to start with, this isn't my first time recovering files from reformatted HDD's. The only thing I cannot do with the important ones he needs is get them to open

HTH

Back