NOW TV NOW TV Box - Plex install guide

All the main iplayers are on there....ITV,BBC,c5 and YouTube but to use for live TV I wouldn't recommend it for your mum. You'd need a server running ands that's probably beyond her.

ok, thanks mate.

Get her a new TV ya tight git [emoji4]

lmao, yeah she can have one as soon as I can afford to eat 7 days a week ;)

I got this running but i never signed up for plex and it is working ok, got the unsupported app store but can't see navi-x...

Also this step is a mystery to me, i can't find the option to change, whats the importance of it]

4) Double click plex icon from status bar, when it opens page click the settings tab in the right hand corner and navigate to => Plex media server => Channels , tick the 'Disable compatability check' box

sorry for sounding thick but is plex the same as xbmc . ive read few things and im a little confused on it . if it can run similar to this is it worth while loading on to the now tv box . be handy for the bedrooms . cheers CB

yes you can stream all your films from your pc straight to the NOW TV Box and watch it in the bedroom on your tv

It's pretty good for streaming stuff across you're network but that's about it. There is a FTV/Film On plugin to watch live tv but you have to piggy back it from a PC running the server. This is the main reason I chucked mine and got a Raspberry Pi to run Kodi/XBMC as it has all the plugins and can run them self contained.

There was one good thing about the Now TV.... I'm using the nice remote to work Kodi on my Pi via a USB Flirc :D

There was one good thing about the Now TV.... I'm using the nice remote to work Kodi on my Pi via a USB Flirc

nice one never new you could do that :)

cheers spud worth while holding on to then . but i think im going to get a android box or sky open box for the living room . need to read up more about them see which is best . cheers CB

i go for a android box make sure its a quad core, 2GB RAM and 8GB Storage

oh help lol .. right lads ive tried to load plex on to the box . il admit somethings im not the brightest on but this seemed a simple thing to do and still ive manage to bugger it p anyone interested in making a few £ to load this for me before i just take an american screwdriver to it .. cheers CB

this no more then a 5 min job , i will be happy to do it for you but you would have to post it to me ,i am sure if you posted up the problems you are having we can sort them out

Hi I just got a now TV box but on trying to set it up I can't get by the connect to wifi I keep getting error code 014, iv tryed the home x5 ect but still the same

Re: NOW TV Box £10 inc - Plex install guide

I have a NowTv and the Roku3 ( both same but nowtv is like a mini and roku3 a jag) have plex runing on them and a old pc with plex on, media server all round the house, and stream to my Family, easy to set up, looks like netfix, a lot better than Kodi (XBMC) m8s.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I just got a now TV box but on trying to set it up I can't get by the connect to wifi I keep getting error code 014, iv tryed the home x5 ect but still the same

To move past the error message, you’ll need to complete the following sequence on your NOW TV box remote control. This must be done in quick succession:
  1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward
  3. Play
  4. Rewind
  5. Play
  6. Fast Forward
If the above is done correctly, a new screen will appear called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Next, click back on your remote control until you reach the 'Connection Setup' page, and try to connect to a network.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes you then have to reboot your modem after m8.

I have a NowTv and the Roku3 ( both same but nowtv is like a mini and roku3 a jag) have plex runing on them and a old pc with plex on, media server all round the house, and stream to my Family, easy to set up, looks like netfix, a lot better than Kodi (XBMC) m8s.

- - - Updated - - -

To move past the error message, you’ll need to complete the following sequence on your NOW TV box remote control. This must be done in quick succession:
  1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward
  3. Play
  4. Rewind
  5. Play
  6. Fast Forward
If the above is done correctly, a new screen will appear called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Next, click back on your remote control until you reach the 'Connection Setup' page, and try to connect to a network.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes you then have to reboot your modem after m8.
I managed to get it up and running, installed plex and im just playing around with it

You will love it m8, and its instant, you can sheer with you m8s, and pay for things, if you know what I mean.

It keeps buffering i think it might be my network

Back