Sensible Topic North Korea

Think that's part of the problem, the world staggers from one crisis to another between opposing "isms".
China's rise is due mainly to a long term plan, with rigorous control. We may not like it, but can't deny it's success.
Democracy is just crowd pleasing to get votes, and another "term", regardless of direction.
Dictators don't have this drawback, and are more able to get on with general improvement, should they choose.
I know there are many problems with dictatorships, but we seem to have perpetual chaos otherwise.

Notice that the "west" like to do away with dictators? Even west-friendly ones?

Maybe a UN ploy.

This is where a lot of conspiracy theories come from concerning a "One World Government", however, the UN is actually doing it.

Just curious but, how would you account for China and India having more than 50% of world GDP up until around 1800?

Notice that the "west" like to do away with dictators? Even west-friendly ones?

Maybe a UN ploy.

This is where a lot of conspiracy theories come from concerning a "One World Government", however, the UN is actually doing it.

Getting rid of dictators doesn't seem to be a spectacular success so far. With the possible exception of Libya, it just seems to have increased the influence of Iran. When the west pulls troops out of the area next year, I wonder what the US attitude will be, once that restriction has gone.

As for the "world government" theory, in a way, I'd like to think so, chaos is pointless. The idea of a shadowy group, operating behind the scenes?
Multinationals do it for commercial reasons, linked to politics, so not far fetched at all.
Motives may be questionable, but accountability is not a problem. With the exception of the arms trade, stability would be an advantage.

If there is a master plan though, it's "moving in mysterious ways".

The UN don't hide this too deep, I'll catch it later.

I'm still wondering why the west do away with western friendly dictators by the way. Sorry if I made it look like it was a good idea, I like dictators that keep a lid on Islamists.

The UN don't hide this too deep, I'll catch it later.

I'm still wondering why the west do away with western friendly dictators by the way. Sorry if I made it look like it was a good idea, I like dictators that keep a lid on Islamists.

No problem, I didn't read it that way. Just that if there is a master plan, they appear to have shot themselves in the foot.

Now it could be complete cr@p but, suppose some twitchy element in the US was concerned about budget cuts. A bit of sabre rattling around North Korea might just trigger a bit of rhetoric and military budget cuts might be deferred if North Korea got a bit twitchy - or scared shitless...

...could be someone in the US camp pushed it a bit too far?

Soon going to find out though, all this military build up from the US points to one thing!

I just hope we do not get involved... we have enough of our own problems to send out billions in another war!

However, I do hope that we keep/update Trident, while nuclear weapons should be scrapped by everyone, we still need a deterrent!

Mick

Soon going to find out though, all this military build up from the US points to one thing!

I just hope we do not get involved... we have enough of our own problems to send out billions in another war!

However, I do hope that we keep/update Trident, while nuclear weapons should be scrapped by everyone, we still need a deterrent!

Mick

Does make you wonder.

A lot of preparation for "standoff" conflict. Troops out Middle East next year, apart from small numbers, known locations, easily evacuated,
various efforts to make USA self sufficient for fuel, general reluctance to help anywhere except provide air support etc.

Maybe a pentagon rethink about how to deal with various festering situations, negotiations looking pointless.
If you can't reason with people whose only aim is your destruction, there seems little alternative.
I hope we don't get sucked in as well, but have doubts.

Does no-one else see this turning into another Gulf (not location) war..with the resulting effort to go after the leader (even if he is a jumped up little tin pot dictator)

Does no-one else see this turning into another Gulf (not location) war..with the resulting effort to go after the leader (even if he is a jumped up little tin pot dictator)

Anything seems possible, I can't work out who's manipulating who, and for what. On the face of it, tin pot wants attention to shore up his personal position. His generals may not like the dynasty idea, and may be setting him up for a fall.
The USA has to respond or tin pot will escalate till he gets attention, and also the pentagon has to show a need for all the money it spends.

On a wider scale, China is bound by treaty to a regime that refuses to match the image it now wants to show, as a responsible world power.
It feeds North Korea, but can't just cut if off, without a political mess, not to mention a nutter which it's armed to the teeth, right on it's doorstep.
Another consequence is that the USA has a excuse for military presence because of a treaty with South Korea. All in all, regime change would suit both the USA and China, as one less friction point, but I doubt the USA would risk it without a diplomatic nod from China.
If it's successful the USA will have "saved the world" again to coincide with their fiction, if not, they take the blame. China, win-win.

America invaded Iraq partly on the basis of WMD "intel" supplied by Iran, and we all know who came out of that the real winner.
China knows how much of a threat North Korean armament really is. Exaggerate and leak, let the USA do the dirty work again ?
The only guarantee is that the Americans aren't as smart as they think they are, who could be !

If someone is driving this, I hope they know what they're doing. If not, or no one is, you can always survive a nuclear blast by sitting in an old fridge. Saw that in a recent American film, so it must be true ! :)

don't really know what to say myself, but i bet our stupid prime minister will send in troops when its kicks off, my answer is leave them to it. feck all to do with us.

don't really know what to say myself, but i bet our stupid prime minister will send in troops when its kicks off, my answer is leave them to it. feck all to do with us.

Me neither really, just trying to make some sense of a situation that may not have any. Hopefully, it will all blow over.

Can't see how we have any involvement in this anyway, but if the PM is still cocky over success in Libya, who knows.

The scary thing is that most of the North Korean soldiers do not know quite what they are doing, imagine one of them pressing the wrong button? Then everybody in that region is up shot creek without a paddle.

@ Napster

The troops will probably be going to Syria first m8.

I think we should just leave them to it, the only thing i dont get is if Tin Pot Nuked the South, does he not realise he wouldnt survive it? , i am pretty sure the Min a Missile hits they sky, he will end up with twice as many coming for him, so he will then either get blown to bits, become an ugly mutant, or jst get wiped out by some other survivng power.

The guy is a crank!!

Am sure i may get flamed for saying so, but there are a lot of places in the world where we should just leave them to wipe each other out, and perhaps there may be a bit less tension in the world.

Hope I'm right, but just seems that the new, young dictator has been 'forced' into flexing his 'might and right' by elder military/political players to enforce the dictatorship to the N Korean population. Puppet Dictator at the moment I think to strengthen his position for his subjects. Test rockets may be fired on the 15th (I think the 15th celebrates his Presidential anniversary. Might be wrong in that one)as a show of power to the 'imprisoned' population, but N Korea is still very dangerous and unpredictable.

Again, I hope I'm right and it's a N Korean Government attempt to strengthen Kim Jong-un's Presidency within N Korea and not an attempt at some misguided 'world domination'.

well it will be interesting what the final outcome will be,,
what a place to live phew!!!! even china is not
like that place of utter,, miseary,,

Back