No picture or sound

send me your email addy and i'll send you it. did you try a signal booster as your signal looks low

thanks, the signal must be ok to be getting the channels perfectly for 10 mins as i have tried at another house aswell and same problem.

wen i tried flashing it i got this in boot-manager
*** Achtung: RSH ist bei fast allen Linux-Images nicht konfiguriert/aktiviert!
*** RSH wird also nur funktionieren, falls ihr euren Linux-Kernel gepatcht habt.

Also the box doesnt start to flash it just starts up normally in to sportster and then goes on to the channels.

when i use ifa it doesnt do anything just has that white blank screen , on the box it just goes on like normal to the channels, its meant to say flashing on the box but it doesnt and its not flashing , why do u rekon that is?

ok, heres wat i got so far it came on would stay on for a while 5-20 mins picture would start to go bad and freeze and the sound was a squeaking only bbc channels worked, i reflashed the box with sportster 1.02 1x
still same problem am now going to ry different image , is there any way to find out for sure wat it is ? hardware or software? shall i change ucodes it is 0014?

oh and if i restarted it and switched off then back on , the problem would go away untill it happened again 5-20 mins later.
EDIT: After flashsuch as sky movies the proble happens within 2 mins.

Last edited:
ok, so far ive flashed the box with boxcracker latest version 1x, connected and switched on.
when i connect the arieal to the dbox which is split and about 5 meters away from my home connection which uses 3 wires (1 wire the longest is an normal aerial used for getting terestrial the colour of the wire is brown) and a spliter my dbox picture goes of and sound starts squeaking about 2 mins after turning on , my signal also turns to 0 .
But, when i connect using 2 wires (2 wires are wires left by cable and wireless wen they installed cable connection in my old house about 11 years ago) and a splitter about 1m away from home connection it semms to be working ok its been on for 20 mins so far without a problem signal 11822,
could it be the connection then? Can anyone show me a amplifier for cable tv that will help boost my signal , also the best cable tv wires and splitter, thanks.

you say it was installed 11 years ago,
Does your white box on inside of house have the old radio output sticking out aswell.
if so inside the box will be an old isolater which sometimes go faulty causing a weak signal to occur you could try taking this out of the loop using a joiner to put the cables together.
if this improves the signal you need to replace it with a new one as they are protection against lightening strikes.
if not take all other splitters out of the loop and have it going directly into the box.
see if that helps.

nah it was installed about 6 months ago lol , 11 years ago in my previous house, the home connections fine for my pace 4000n that works perfectly.
The dbox went screechy again and picture started to freeze about 2 mins ago giving it a total time of 1 hour 30 mins working fine, restarted box now working fine again ill see how long it works this time.
40 mins later its gone again , signal 17476, ber 0 ,SNR 64000
Is it my tuner?

Last edited:
Back