Nexus 4 vs Galaxy S3

In the end i've done a complete U Turn and sold my Galaxy S3 and kept the Nexus 4. What swung it in the end was guaranteed latest android updates for at least the next 18 months - 2 years with any luck. I cant guarantee that with the Samsung...theres also the issue that the S4 is due out very soon so S3 prices will drop, so if I wanted to get some good value for it nows was the time to sell.
After spending some time with the N4 some observations...it's rapid, smoother and faster through menus, launhing apps etc than the S3 was. The screen is better (non Pentile betetr resolution) . It's had some upgrades and is now on Android 4.2.2 S3 is still stuck on 4.1.2.
It's a bit crap not having and SD card slot, and the camera features on S3 are better (burst shot, smile detection etc).

Nexus 4 battery life seems to have improved since last weeks update too (or is just me that thinks that?). For the price the Nexus 4 is a really good phone, if they were the same price I'd get an S3 but it's considerably more expensive so it's Nexus 4 for me.
HH.

You can actually pick up a s3 for less money then a n4 not directly from shops but I've seen people selling unwanted upgrades brand new boxed for 250.
S3 values are dropping because there's so many on the market.
You might be right about the n4 battery life improvement I've noticed it as well I was thinking it might just be that I've put the battery through and discharge and recharge cycles so it's gradually reaching full capacity.

You can actually pick up a s3 for less money then a n4 not directly from shops but I've seen people selling unwanted upgrades brand new boxed for 250.
S3 values are dropping because there's so many on the market.
You might be right about the n4 battery life improvement I've noticed it as well I was thinking it might just be that I've put the battery through and discharge and recharge cycles so it's gradually reaching full capacity.

Be careful about getting 'unwanted' upgrades. The internet is full of stories of people buying these upgrades only to find the seller has flagged it as nicked and the is barred. Best if you can collect in person at least if possible.

Also had a quick glance on ebay and they still seem to be going for £350 and upwards though this one didn't sell at £200

Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 - 16 GB - Marble White (EE) 4G Smartphone S III 5025743792888 | eBay

Back