Newzbin gone?

Housefull (2010) "House Full -2010- SCREENER-DVD-5

The problem is not finding the nzb, that is easy enough. The problem is the download. I did a full header download on alt.binaries.nl for the last 30 days (all 500mb of it). Then did a search on the posting and when I looked into it more closely each 'part' was made of 71 individual parts. And surprise surprise, messages 1 and 71 are there on the server but the rest are missing.

So I got in touch with giganews supported and e-mailed them the nzb file which has the message ID and this is what they said,

Quite often, if articles are missing, the article/articles in question have
been removed from our servers to fulfill a DMCA take down request.

For more information on DMCA, please see the following link to our website:
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) - Giganews

Thank you.

I have been digging around various forums and blogs and basically it looks like you have 7 days or so before a significant minority of posts are being pulled. As I memtioned I think before, movies and x360 games are a common target at the moment.

Giganews suck, change to a news provider that dosnt take it up the ass from the MPAA and co.

Giganews suck, change to a news provider that dosnt take it up the ass from the MPAA and co.

I am thinking about astranews but have read a couple of not to favourable things plus their service can be patchy. Did a traceroute from their webpage and that didn't inspire me with confidence.

Im using Ngroups at the moment, mainly cause they unofficially allow simultaneous ip connections, (share account with mates).

I max out my 30Mb connection 99% of the time, and rarely get missing parts, there retention is now over 500Days, so its all good.

Im using Ngroups at the moment, mainly cause they unofficially allow simultaneous ip connections, (share account with mates).

Hi mate i'm with them myself, do u and a mate use it at the same time and have u ever had any hassle from them for doing so? Cheers

Hi mate i'm with them myself, do u and a mate use it at the same time and have u ever had any hassle from them for doing so? Cheers

If they don't allow it then I know from experiance that newshosting.com don't monitor simultaneous usage though technically it is against their T & C

If they don't allow it then I know from experiance that newshosting.com don't monitor simultaneous usage though technically it is against their T & C

They did when i was with them mate, it happened to me twice when a mate tried to use it, i got an email within 2 days telling me to stop or else.

They did when i was with them mate, it happened to me twice when a mate tried to use it, i got an email within 2 days telling me to stop or else.

Maybe you got unluck or the people I know doing it are using it less frequently but they are definately still sharing accounts.

I am pretty sure they do not host their own servers so newshosting may be getting hit with the missing posts anyway. There is some more information about the various providers here,

Usenet Newsgroup Server FAQ & Price Comparison | Anchordudes Usenet Newsgroup Server FAQ

nope no problems, i only share it with 1 person who is competent enough to use newsgroups.

Think witchy is sharing his Ngroups account with half of coatbridge :proud::proud:

Are you talking about Ngroups or newshosting mr cool?

Last edited by a moderator:
nope no problems, i only share it with 1 person who is competent enough to use newsgroups.

Think witchy is sharing his Ngroups account with half of coatbridge :proud::proud:

Are you talking about Ngroups or newshosting mr cool?

Hi Cisk, I'm talking about Ngroups mate as i'm currently using them but i've a mate i'd gladly share mine with if we can run them at the same time without any hassles.

Hmm thats odd, iv had no problems. Im sure they will start clamping down at some stage, but so far so good.

When they do my mate is getting kicked lol

And with all our orginal user names and password, hmm....

Newzbin 2 is now online at the same address as the original.

You sure it back up and running. I have just gone to the usual address and it still got the closure message there. Also I have not had any further emails since getting the one explaining about the source code and databases.

Yep its definately back but they seem to be having some problems, its been down more than up.

Hi Cisk, I'm talking about Ngroups mate as i'm currently using them but i've a mate i'd gladly share mine with if we can run them at the same time without any hassles.

I am on with Hitnews.eu on a 50mb contract and they openly advertise 'account sharing' on the home page.

They are superb in every other area as well, inc price.

:)

Back