new to IPTV

sal1234

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a receiver which supports IPTV but I cannot access any channel so far, I need to populate it with IP address I guess, I spent all day looking around and I thought to ask you guys and if you could please help how to get the channels I want.

The question is, do I have to literal type in the IP address into the receiver in order to get those channels and where can I find those IP address.
thanks

What box do you have?

I assume you will have some settings for installation of IPTV server?

Let us know the details we might be able to help more.

Mick

it's a geant GN-77 HD family, it works with a dish satellite and it can pick signals, channels, but I want the IPTV feature

Hi Sal,

I have had a little look around but cannot find much on the IPTV side of this box, It might be the case you have a play around and tell us how it works mate, could be useful for potential members with the same problems.

But IPTV is quite straightforward, you need to address and make sure you read about the service you are trying to watch, it might be GEO locked, and that is the reason you are having trouble?

Have you tried UK based IPTV servers?

Mick

As far as I can see its just a normal satellite receiver and not an IPTV box,unless there is an IPTV plugin for this box then I'm not sure you are going to get anywhere,

Information is pretty thin on the ground and I haven't even come across a manual for it yet :(

I tried the IPTV in th4 config, it asked me to intup the IP addres, however it doesn't return anything after searching for a while, may be the IP address is old, anyone has anything that I could test, any database IP's of TV channels

How about if I get ZAAPTV 1st Generation, would that be ok

How about if I get ZAAPTV 1st Generation, would that be ok

Is that another box?

I mean if you tried a uk iptv working chan first to see, it might be that you just have not configured it right

Before you spend more money mate

Mick

Is that another box?

I mean if you tried a uk iptv working chan first to see, it might be that you just have not configured it right

Before you spend more money mate

Mick

Yes it's another box I bought from ebay, I waited for replies but no one is around, so I thought to get it and see how it goes, but still if anyone can help how to configure the Geant or anything similar then it would be helpful.

Yes it's another box I bought from ebay, I waited for replies but no one is around, so I thought to get it and see how it goes, but still if anyone can help how to configure the Geant or anything similar then it would be helpful.

As this section is in its infantry, it would be hard for the majority of members to help as they may know the same as you and me... not much.

I would suggest finding a UK IPTV (working and free) channel, then testing from there.

Back