New File Added: Amiko Alien SHD-8900 Beginners Tutorial

i can flash from the usb stick......................but it wont seem to work with cross epg............

Must say though the way these images from HDMU are coming out and the performance gained from each one is brilliant

Where is best place to look for one of these? I see there are time bombs with clones so ideally a proper one :)

Where is best place to look for one of these? I see there are time bombs with clones so ideally a proper one :)

Don't know about the best but one who states that his are genuine is a site called lavatronics, for £99, possibly with delivery too. Not sure.

He also does them on ebay for the same £99 with free delivery.

I got mine £10 or £15 quid cheaper than that of another seller but they don't do them anymore. Not sure if they are clones or not but have reverted mine to previous Spark version just in case until I have the jtag rescue option sorted ;)

Mine still updates fine on spark fine? What is all this about ?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Mine still updates fine on spark fine? What is all this about ?

There have been reports on the internet that some of these boxes have been rendered useless by a form of built in clone detection software in the latest Spark software. I believe that most cases I have read are from overseas, not in the UK, but that does not mean that they are not here too.

The latest update appears to destroy part of the boot loader, possibly using a similar technique that Starview used with their aging Starview 6 population :eek: The only way to revive them is via jtag, as other methods of communicating with the box (rs232/serial) won't work.

Hence, I have decided to play safe in the mean time ;)

hmmmm ok..............
Still having trouble with the hard drive and that.................

I followed your hard drive guide and used a usb stick instead and got cross epg to work again:)

Trying to soak this all in

I have the alien twin

did all what it says in the tutuorial but the box wont connect to the flash FXP....i'm using the newest HDMU that was put up today

Try file zilla..

It's just another ftp program.

ok did all the set up but now when i do a automatic scan its just shits down n restarts

Dont worry about doing a automatic scan just copy over a bouquet and try that.

I never bother with a scan. But it shouldnt shut down anyway even if you did do one.

Are you following the tutorial?

Can you access the box via ftp?

Have you copied over satellites.xml file?

yea its all sorted now...but how do i delete satellites i dont use.....and its not very stable picture keeps glitching

so what was actually the problem?......and whats glitching ? fta channels or ppv?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using Tapatalk HD

It looks like the freeview channels...sky looks stable but couldn't watch Jeremy Kyle haha.....and how do I set up a channel list up

thanjs

Jeremy Kyle is on itv which is on fta I believe . So that would indicate poor signal if it's glitching. As for channel lists I did previously mention about uploading a bouquet? Have you not done this ?

Like I said my sky channels are stable....I added the bouquet but how do I upload it so its all in sky order I.e entertainment movies etc etc

if you need a sly bouquet thats in the same order then you need a bouquet by sgt flip flop i think. You might have to start a new post under the general satellite settings.

Even with rats bouquet the channels will be in sections like movies.......sports.......entertainment........etc

So how do I get rats bouquet to put everything in section....I put it on via FTP but its not showing on the box??
msorry for being a pain lol

Back