Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sensible Topic New Car Checks!

ok good rule for buying private is that the car should be registered to the address you buy from
the car should have not changed keeperes for a bit i wouldnt touch one that for sale after being owned for 6 months unless a good reason.
check for service history or receipts for parts as lots of people do work on there cars especially when dealing with older cars and check mot history and mileage add up to the time the owner has had the car it wouldnt to 20k mileage the first year and 3k the second year. most common sense
from what you have said the only other thing i would do is refresh the coolent or just add a top up of antifreeze

ok good rule for buying private is that the car should be registered to the address you buy from
the car should have not changed keeperes for a bit i wouldnt touch one that for sale after being owned for 6 months unless a good reason.
check for service history or receipts for parts as lots of people do work on there cars especially when dealing with older cars and check mot history and mileage add up to the time the owner has had the car it wouldnt to 20k mileage the first year and 3k the second year. most common sense
from what you have said the only other thing i would do is refresh the coolent or just add a top up of antifreeze

Cheers mate, are you a mechanic yourself or just have experience with cars?

Going on my own situation with old/older cars,i had a ZAFIRA 02 Model 1600c engine,never faulted me once,had engine management light on for about 4 of the 6 yrs I owned it,never affected how the engine ran or how the exhaust readings came out,so all im saying is if someone says dont buy a 15/yr old car car because of it's age...listen to them and let all us smart peeps get the bargains...thank you ..

Back