iPhone NEW 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 3, 2, 1 & iPod Touch 4 & 3

Re: NEW 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 3, 2, 1 & iPod Touch 4

i do wish they would make it easier to get apps once jailbroken, picking a site and entering a code right pain, and it allways dont work forst time, i have restoreded mine to much hassle.

Re: NEW 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 3, 2, 1 & iPod Touch 4

i do know where you are coming from mate but i just think if you eventually get the app you want and dont have to pay , then its worth it for me , you can make it easier on yourself by using your pc and then transferring over to your device, this is like install0us but on ya pc instead HERE/

I updated and mine won't jailbreak iPhone 4 has there been any updates from apple on this says this device ain't compatible done my iPod 4 g no problemsc

upgraded yesterday, and so far no problems. i had a small hite on the restore error6000 or summit, but got round that using iREB tool, phone seems to be working smoothly, havnt got all my themes n stuff back yet but fingers crossed

Worked great for me. Trying to unlock my phone now to take India Vodafone SIM. What's the best way to do this? I have struggled with SAM, maybe something I am doing. Thanks

Worked great for me. Trying to unlock my phone now to take India Vodafone SIM. What's the best way to do this? I have struggled with SAM, maybe something I am doing. Thanks

SAM no longer works, it will only work with saved tickets.
unlocks depend on the baseband
what iphone and what baseband?

just tried this on my new iphone4, it kept crashing so I read the readme which states to wipe the phone first! done that and all seems ok, just restoring my contacts etc, fingers crossed i dont get any errors like blueslimshady did though!!

For some reason, dunno if it's because of the jailbreak but my address book has gone bonkers, my fave contacts have all changed themselves, everyone's contact pictures have also muddled themselves up, im just hoping people's numbers haven't become jumbled aswell, could be embarrassing!

Sent from my telephone.

thanks for this.

Everything worked fine but now I can't access the Itunes store.

Have tried the following:

If you have a jailbroken device, SSH to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist
Delete the file and Reboot. - DIDN'T WORK FOR ME

Reset your network settings by Navigating to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Restart your iPhone. - DIDN'T WORK FOR ME

Funny thing is that I was able to get some Olympic apps via it but a couple of hours later it comes up with Cannot connect to Itunes store when trying to download other apps

Any Ideas?

Cheesey

Last edited:

have you tried resetting "settings" to from the same menu you reset your network settings

that did the trick. Cheers m8 :)

Do you need a valid sim card in for this to work?Just bought a 4 but it's locked to the 3 network and i don't have a suitable sim card

You can jailbreak without a sim in, I did an iPhone 4 a couple of weeks ago using absinthe with no sim.

You can jailbreak without a sim in, I did an iPhone 4 a couple of weeks ago using absinthe with no sim.

Thanks!I'll give it a go now

Bummer,saying it's not supported :Angryfire

What happened? Did the not supported message pop up on your pc?

What happened? Did the not supported message pop up on your pc?

It's saying it's not supported,but the phone says I need to insert a sim to activate the phone?

The phone does say that when there's no sim inserted. Strange because my mate's was locked to O2 with no sim and it worked for me, had sky go working amongst other things, your defo on 5.1.1?

Back