iPhone NEW 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 3, 2, 1 & iPod Touch 4 & 3

Re: NEW 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 3, 2, 1 & iPod Touch 4

The phone does say that when there's no sim inserted. Strange because my mate's was locked to O2 with no sim and it worked for me, had sky go working amongst other things, your defo on 5.1.1?

I'm not sure what the firmware is on,I've asked the seller and I'm waiting for a reply.Is there any other way of finding out the firmware?

Re: NEW 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 3, 2, 1 & iPod Touch 4

Yes, settings-general-about-version.

Doesn't sound good mate, you could try a restore through iTunes.

Doesn't sound good mate, you could try a restore through iTunes.

The guy shown me it working etc,in Itunes it says the same thing,insert sim card etc

Just found out it's on 6.0!

Last edited:

That would explain it, I've got an iPhone 4, also locked to 3. I've just taken my sim card out and tested it, the phone worked fine and connected to iTunes no problem. Looks like you'll have to wait for the iOS 6 jailbreak, bummer!

I don't know mate, I'm not up to date with jailbreaking at the minute, I know it says your device is supported but I don't know enough about iOS 6 to give advice. Might be worth asking Biffo? He seems to know his way around iPhones. All I can say is I've used redsn0w before and never had a problem.

Well I've just done the jailbreak which was successful but it's still locked to 3,not sure if was suppose to unlock it though?

:Biggrin2: he he, nice one. The jailbreak wouldn't have unlocked it, cost my mate £20 from O2, he did try various mobile shops but they all quoted about £50. Might be worth ringing 3 and asking them how much?

:Biggrin2: he he, nice one. The jailbreak wouldn't have unlocked it, cost my mate £20 from O2, he did try various mobile shops but they all quoted about £50. Might be worth ringing 3 and asking them how much?

Think that would be the easiest option,thanks for your help

Just found this post and thank you for it.

Back