netgear wgr614 v9 NO wireless repeater option-please help

sarif786

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,i bought netgear wgr614 v9 from ebay which i wanted only for wireless repeater option but after i connected everything up i had virgin media menu then i managed to go to normal router settings but only option that i wanted its not there wireless repeater option is there any ways i can get this option back in this router,please please help.thanks

When you say you got rid of the virmin have you wrote to the netgear ?

get rid of that virmin shizz from it and you'll have all the options and a standard netgear interface. (I've only ever had one netgear V9 that was a bit weird as that had a screw on arial and a dodgy interface, that was one out of about a 100...lol)

Firstly:

Only use Internet Explorer (Firefox fails with this router for some reason)
Know your way around the routers admin panel (default ip is http://192.168.1.1 , username: virgin, password: password)
Connect via a wired connection, wireless will fail.
Have a telnet client (default activated in xp, needs activating in vista/win 7 from control panel, 'Turn Windows features on or off'
Aquire telnetEnable.exe from either mirror or local

Then:

Acquire the routers MAC Address (Maintenance -> Router status -> LAN port -> MAC Address), then save it somewhere, removing colons ( : ).
Copy the MAC Address to the clipboard
Open a command line window, navigate to where you stored telnetEnable.exe and execute: telnetenable.exe 192.168.1.1 *MAC-address-from-clipboard* Gearguy Geardog
You have now enabled telnet on the router, telnet to the router by executing: telnet 192.168.1.1
At the prompt execute: burnboardid U12H094T00_NETGEAR
then execute: reboot

Flash the router using the router admin page, the latest firmware can be located

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

You have now successfully unlocked the router from the Virgin firmware lock.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply this is what im getting from the router please look at the images i have attached one of them showing the repeater option is missing let me know what im doing wrong

v3.png

v4.png

v5.png

has it got a screw on Arial by any chance?

after checking carefully there is no screw on aerial but im having problem with telnet i cant get it connected as you can see from image

Last edited:
so has it still got "virmin" on when you boot the router?

The only reason I asked about the arial is that I had one (out of hundreds that I've had) that had the option missing.

as for telnet you use it as below

telnet 192.168.1.1

Last edited:
thats right when i reboot the router i get vermin page and yes i tried several times to connect the router with telnet i get the same message as on the image attached i dont know what im doing wrong

yeah it's all in the 1st post mate.

Aquire telnetEnable.exe from either mirror or local
download it from some where...then

Acquire the routers MAC Address (Maintenance -> Router status -> LAN port -> MAC Address), then save it somewhere, removing colons ( : ).
Copy the MAC Address to the clipboard
Open a command line window, navigate to where you stored telnetEnable.exe and execute: telnetenable.exe 192.168.1.1 *MAC-address-from-clipboard* Gearguy Geardog

You have now enabled telnet on the router.

telnet to the router by executing: telnet 192.168.1.1

At the prompt execute: burnboardid U12H094T00_NETGEAR
then execute: reboot

Last edited:
i downloaded telnet.exe from local then when i click to open it closes for some reason my firewall is disabled as well

your not following the instructions, didn't say click on it, it'll never open.....

have a re-read of the post above.....;)

make a folder on your C:\ drive and call it "telnet" put telnetenable.exe in it

then go to command prompt and type cd\ to take you back to root, then type cd telnet

this should then take you to the folder in the dos window.

I have left the following bit in red to show you this is where you put the mac address (re-read the post to see where you get it from)

then type telnetenable.exe 192.168.1.1 *MAC-address-from-clipboard* Gearguy Geardog

afte typing cd telnet on command prompt this is what im getting please look on the attachment

Attachments

• cd telnet.png
    cd telnet.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 10
you missed the "/" (it's important that you follow clearly and have a little bit of know how on what your doing mate)

17-09-201214-43-59.jpg

Your not really a one for following instructions are you?

........again, you have missed out what I have posted. (I don't think you've followed any thing I've posted have ya?)

telnetenable.exe 192.168.1.1 *MAC-address-from-clipboard* Gearguy Geardog

you typed in telnetenable and then typed the ip address in the next line down....I didn't say do that any where in my post.

If this had been any thing else you'd have a door stop by now....read and re-read and follow.

Good luck.

Last edited:
:excited:finally got it working and i got my repeater option back thanks for all the help dibbers hats off : thanks :

:Cheers:

Back