nbox 5800sx HELP!!!

i saved the image. but i kept getting a 'critical transfer error' when i tried to restore backup to second box.
So i thought id do it the long way and do channel scan, then install everything manually again. However, the box keeps on crashing (green screen) at the end of the channel scan. What have I done?

I suspect you may have to do a fresh install...I would start again format your USB card/ stick and reinstall...just in case it's corrupt

When it asks to do a scan during the setup just skip that bit, but make sure you set both tuners to 28.2 as the second tuner is not enabled by default

See how you go on let me know if you need more help

ok. so ive reflashed image. and renamed backup file. im trying to ftp to box. the file created is 45MB, but when im ftping across, it stops at 11MB and says that the file already exists.

scratch that. the hdd wasnt mounted! oops. learning curve continues.....

so i restored backup. showed success. enigma restarts, now stuck in loading/green screen loop

Last edited:
I think the best way to get it up and running is not to try and do the restore, I would format or delete all the files off the hdd and reinstall Hyperion v4 back to NAND flash, once you have done the first one it's easier

I have redone mine loads.....I put my image on a USB flash drive, I have 2 on the go so if one starts playing up I just swap the USB

As the box doesn't have much NAND memory less than 60mb on mine and if you fill it up it will green screen

Hope this helps

Last edited:
How to install any USB/HDD compatable image and run from USB due to limited NAND flash memory

you would be better installing to USB as the HDD will be going all the time

This can be done from within the PKT Blue Panel. I use image hyperion V4…….or any nand image boot the box into nand

Copy over the USB version of your image (hyperion USB/HDD version) to your hard drive media/hdd/ (not in a folder)

Use the Disk Manager (inside Install Manager) press the blue button and create new partion make sure you select sdb1 (sda1 is your hard drive)

You can make 2 partitions sdb1 and format ext3 and sdb2 swap give the rest of the free space....i do 50/50 4GB flash stick

It should say making partion then formatting (just make sure you don’t format sda1 as you will loose you recorded programs)

When done back out and select install manager…you should see 2 setting the top one is were to install to sdb1 the bottom should be your hyperion V4 USB image off you hard drive you ftp over

Then press the red button to install the image to USB

If you have a USB stick you must select USH1 to boot into not nand

you can then install as much as you like it also has a lot more swap file

Hi, I also fooked up my box and installed this new image with you excellent tutorial, but i also would like to run it from USB as its crashed a couple of times, im not really understanding your instructions 100%. Am i supposed to boot the box into NAND then copy over the same hyperion image i installed onto the box? I have to be very careful not to fook this up, when i installed the hyperion image i had to get my cam supplier to re install the cam, he wasn't best pleased and wont do it again if i mess this up so could you maybe PM me step by step instructions as im very new to this also, im actually amazed i got as far as i did, so thanks for that anyway. So if you could do that i would be most thankfull. Cheers

Hi, I also fooked up my box and installed this new image with you excellent tutorial, but i also would like to run it from USB as its crashed a couple of times, im not really understanding your instructions 100%. Am i supposed to boot the box into NAND then copy over the same hyperion image i installed onto the box? I have to be very careful not to fook this up, when i installed the hyperion image i had to get my cam supplier to re install the cam, he wasn't best pleased and wont do it again if i mess this up so could you maybe PM me step by step instructions as im very new to this also, im actually amazed i got as far as i did, so thanks for that anyway. So if you could do that i would be most thankfull. Cheers

Are you running Hyperion v4 via NAND?

There are two different types of image NAND and USB....you can't use the NAND image backup to make a USB image

you need the Hyperion v4 USB/hdd version

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nyp9sf

Also to copy over your Oscam can you FTP into your box to usr/var/keys and copy what's in there

Regards blue

i cant get tsmedia to load any movies for me at all? is anyone else having this problem?

What version are you trying to use.....I'm on 7.5 works well

can anybody help my nbox is not working,i get sound but no picture when I try to restart enigma it doesn't restart

Hi All
i have had one of these boxes for a few weeks and has been fine until Sunday when I lost all Non free to air channels. The screen is simply blank. Have tested the connected and is okay and updated dw rats updater and seems to go through okay. (This is where I saw this website address)
The guy I purchased the box from said it would be fine for a year and then I would need to contact me to re-set up. Unfortunately he has scarlet pimpernelled off the planet. The guide he gave me stated that if the screen was blank then either my internet was down or the server was being updated. It has been three days now. Worried that I have wasted my money.
Any advice on ways to get the channels back that I can follow. Want to get it sorted before my wife realises and griefs me out about it.
Thanks.

By the sounds of things he screwed you over. I would say he set it up with a one month line. Easiest way to test this theory would be to get a test line off a server to check if it is indeed the line. Lines can range from 10-50 a year depending on server. I've never had a problem with mine

Thanks for the reply. Can you point me in the right direction to b able to do this? A women at work also had a box off the same guy and I will check with her today to see if hers is okay or not.
Feeling a bit mugged at moment.

Hi Elmoemo,
thanks for the info. I followed your advice and requested a test line. The supplier told me he could see me online but I am still unable to view all channels. It's possible I still have the original line in but I am not sure how to check.
i have posted the below on another forum. Can anybody advise what I need to do? Would love to get it up and running before the football season starts again.

Hi
I recently purchased a Nbox hdtv 250 duo+ receiver. A colleague a work used a guy who was operating from a FB page and was told he was very reliable and if there were any issues he would resolve asap.
I decided to purchase a box for £180 for all channels which seemed like a bargain.
Received the box about a month ago and was fine until last Saturday. I was watching some football on Premier sports around 11pm and the picture kept freezing and dropping out. I gave up on the match and continue to watch one of the FTA channels instead.
The next day the sky (non FTA) channels were all blank. I assumed that this was due to a server update as per the instructions given to me when i purchased the the box.
Unfortunately the channels are still showing as a black screenand i am at a loss on how to resolve. Unfortunately the person who sold me the box has also disappeared and i have no way to contact him. I requested a line from someone on this forum today. (I had no clue on what this actually meant) I requested a line and when speaking via PM he asked me
"so please tell me is the line working in ur box?
i am asking cause i saw u earlier online!"
By this i assume he sent me a line and could see I was online so potentially the issue is with my box and not the line. ( i may potentially have my original line from the guy who sold me the box and the test line but i dont know how to check.

Can some one advise how I can get my box showing all the sky channels again? I am completely new to this and struggling to understand how things work.
I am also nervous about making any changes to the box.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Below is some info taken from my box.
About
Enigma 2013-05-10
Last upgrade release 2.0.0 2013-11-27
Front processor version0

Detected NIMS
Tuner A STB0899 Multistandard ID1
Tuner B STB0899 Multistandard ID2

Detected HDD
ATA (st325312cs)

PlugIns

Alternative Softcam Manager
Oscam 900 Full (I am sure that this is running) Is this the Emulater?

BBC Iplayer (I have used this today)
ITV Player (Never used)
Open Web If (Not sure what this does)
RATS DW Picon Updater (Have updated this)
RATS DW Channel updater (have also successfully updated this)
TS Media - Have used this to watch a film from Ice movies tonight (So internet is hooked up and connected correctly)

Please note when I restart my box the opeing screen is Openpli
The EPG is working and up to date.
Just the sly channels are all currently black screen

The test line supplier also asked me.
"did u select the right emulator?
and also like i said earlier
the hd channels do not work anymore!!!
checkout the sd channels
i saw u ealier online!
it might be a firmware issue with ur box"

I've wrote a guide on these forums, a step by step guide for using nebula. Unfortuneatly I no longer have this box so won't be able to help much. However when you got the new line did you ftp it to your box? If so did you delete the previous line? The test server said you were online so that means your channels should have cleared. If you still have the test line (and time left on it) and its still not clearing you could try the box in a friends house to see if its a problem with your home set up.
Nearly all HD sky channels no longer work via a share just so you know but SD should be fine.
If all else fails I would make a backup of your image and then do a fresh install and try the line again

Hi Elmoneo

Thanks again for you advice.

I didn't FTP any files to my box and I hadn't realised I have even been sent a test line.
i sent an email and PM to the guy supplying a test line and then chased to see if he could supply.
He replied saying he had already sent it and could see me.
this shocked me as I had only sent an email and PM. Not sure how he knew where to send a test line. It's like magic.

i explained my situation and he simply replied what I posted earlier.
When I purchased the box it was already completely set up. I am therefore not comfortable doing a reinstall myself until I have learnt a lot more. I need to find someone local who knows what they are doing which may be difficult I only found out about such a box a couple of months ago and couldn't believe such a thing existed.

Heres hoping i get it sorted soon.

My vu duo isn't set up at the minute so couldn't even team viewer you to get your line and test it on my box. Have you tried a few of the SD channels or just one or 2 as they could have just moved. If you didn't ftp then you haven't used the test line. In the boxes blue panel you should be able to see emus/cams and make sure it is on

Hi - yes I have tried all of he non FTA channels.
how would you test the line on your box? I don't know how to access or see the line? How would I get such information to you if I knew it or FTP it. Like I said. It's all a bit Harry Potter.

in the Boxes blue panel? Do you mean the front screen of the box? Is Oscam the emus/cams you mention?

Back