My Step by Step guide on how to install EASY 4.2 Hack with Pictures!

i would backup after finishing the install of bootmii before putting the folder 2 on the SD so page 18. exit bootmii install then load back into bootmii and backup

page 37 neogamma wad is loaded in wad manager

cheers mad its been a while since i done a wii.
i dont suppose its possible for bally to insert that step in his tut?
can see page 37 m8 thank you

Another fantastic guide to make softmodding simple. Well done Bally you have done a terrific job.

As others have said a slot for backing up the nand would be good and also most other guides recommend turning connect24 off before you begin, which I did before using edogg's easy guide.

Can't take it away from you though mate, first timers should have no problems using this.

regards
Bob

In the tut on page 39... you need to press the right button, not the left.

Excellent tut.. just halfway through one now :)

the only thing that bothers me about taking a system update online is what if it turns out to be 4.3e? lol. an offline install of 4.2e would be fairly simple to do and isnt as brutal to get round as the official update on a non-virgin Wii.

good work though nice to see people making the effort together :)

the only thing that bothers me about taking a system update online is what if it turns out to be 4.3e? lol. an offline install of 4.2e would be fairly simple to do and isnt as brutal to get round as the official update on a non-virgin Wii.

good work though nice to see people making the effort together :)

LOL I remember doing that whenI wanted to up to 4.1 and so thought I'd do a network update, and lo and behold ninetendo had gone to 4.2 overnight... biatches. Didn't have to wait long though.

I have just updated and all went well. Just put on cios222 and usbloader v51.3beta and all seems well :)

If you done the softmod and the new super mario bros doesnt work then see update 3 on page 1

this should be stickied imo 3rd guide i tried on here and the only one i could get to work didnt take long either with pics making a big difference!

this should be stickied imo 3rd guide i tried on here and the only one i could get to work didnt take long either with pics making a big difference!

Glad it helped... Pics do make a lot of difference when your new to this sort of thing and dont know what to expect.

Fantastic guide that rep left, i haven't done one yet but it's good to see that guide, looks great!

just have one question, you go online to update latest dash and then flash i take it you then don't go back online with the softmod option?

Cheers again and great work!

Fantastic guide that rep left, i haven't done one yet but it's good to see that guide, looks great!

just have one question, you go online to update latest dash and then flash i take it you then don't go back online with the softmod option?

Cheers again and great work!
once the softmods done mate you can go online no problem!

ah nice one, i haven't done one yet as i say but it's good to know that they can go online with them and playbackups and stuff, coolio!

(i know the last mod you couldn't go online with it after it had been flashed)

ah nice one, i haven't done one yet as i say but it's good to know that they can go online with them and playbackups and stuff, coolio!

(i know the last mod you couldn't go online with it after it had been flashed)
yip this 1 will allow you to play all your backups online no problem!

Many thanks to the op for the tut. I finally got NSMB working. The guy I work with has an NTSC/American Wii could he use the files included with this tut?

I dont see why not but I think he would need to download ntsc version of mario bros or load using neo gamma? Im sure someone who knows a bit more will confirm.

Yes m8 the tut will do all 4.2 wii's. Pal games can be played via usb/sd or neo gamma not the disc channel.

just finished installing the softmod
all went well except that i cannot get the game to load via neo gamma.

what do you reckon i've done. gamma loads up fine, register's the disc
try's to load then screen goes back to wii main menu ???

just finished installing the softmod
all went well except that i cannot get the game to load via neo gamma.

what do you reckon i've done. gamma loads up fine, register's the disc
try's to load then screen goes back to wii main menu ???
what game is it your trying to load mate, maybe try another!

Yes m8 the tut will do all 4.2 wii's. Pal games can be played via usb/sd or neo gamma not the disc channel.

So if I burn the tut and files to cd for him I should tell him that he can play Pal games through NeoGamma or via USB/SD but if he wants to play backups through the Disc/Game Channel they must be in NTSC format?

So if I burn the tut and files to cd for him I should tell him that he can play Pal games through NeoGamma or via USB/SD but if he wants to play backups through the Disc/Game Channel they must be in NTSC format?

That's it m8.

Back