My main PC has just died.!!!

jasperconran

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Beloved pc Has just died, swicthed off mid Game, :(

Now ive got a good idea the psu has failed, As ive tested it with a voltameter, Ok fair enought A 6 month old pc build, things happen, The psu has life time warrnty, so that will get replaced when im able to send it to whales. And wait God knows how long before its replaced To find out if i need a mobo or cpu, Now,,, Proper pissed off.!!! I really hope my Cpu is ok. and no way of testing..

:lovestory

bad luck mate, chances are no other component is damaged.........get a replacement and be happy

OK, so what happens when you try and turn it on?, no clicking or noises or anything else?.

Without sounding like I'm stating the obvious, have you checked the power wire to the MB is seated OK?, perhaps its worked its way lose. Also check all your cards are seated correctly.

Is there any mates that would be OK lending you their PC so you can test their PSU on your computer?. I have a spare PSU here as I upgraded to a OCZ700, shame you are not closer :Cry:

My Beloved pc Has just died, swicthed off mid Game, :(

Now ive got a good idea the psu has failed, As ive tested it with a voltameter, Ok fair enought A 6 month old pc build, things happen, The psu has life time warrnty, so that will get replaced when im able to send it to whales. And wait God knows how long before its replaced To find out if i need a mobo or cpu, Now,,, Proper pissed off.!!! I really hope my Cpu is ok. and no way of testing..

:lovestory

does your psu warranty cover damaged components? Or do you use a surge protector that covers you?

does your psu warranty cover damaged components? Or do you use a surge protector that covers you?

No, The warranty on The psu dont cover damage caused to other components. :(

Ive just spent about 45 minutes on the phone to Some help line in USA, To get my psu replaced.

@ duggyUK Ive Got no power coming from my Psu. Not even the fans inside work any more M8.

You do know that loads of PSUs come with internal fuses, if its complely dead you have nothing to lose, look inside for the fuse, ensure is not plugged in of course ;)

You do know that loads of PSUs come with internal fuses, if its complely dead you have nothing to lose, look inside for the fuse, ensure is not plugged in of course ;)

I would have a look, But its got a seal so they would know its been opened, :(
Im just going to send the Bugger back,

My psu failed in my desktop about 18 months ago.
The transformer inside went open circuit on the primary side.
Didn't cause any damage at all. Put a new bigger one in and all ok.
Hope you are as lucky m8.

Curly

Cheers cur1y Think i needed someone to say that, I had a psu go once before, And a new psu mobo and cpu later It worked again. :(
So u can see why i feared the wrost. So im keeping everything crossed your right mate,

where abouts are u mate , i have a few , there just lying around so u can have 1 , just to test that nothing else has gone
let me know
regards biffo

where abouts are u mate , i have a few , there just lying around so u can have 1 , just to test that nothing else has gone
let me know
regards biffo

:D Its coz people like this that makes DW so great. Thanx for your offer Biffo But we are miles apart, Im in east london/essex area, I do have a spare Psu, But its Not powerful enough and Dont have the 24 pin main power 4X4 ATX and No daul pci E power leads,And is about as much use as a chocalate ashtray on a motorbike. :(

This is the psu that Failed, h**p://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-001-BG&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=

the 1 i had mate was a 600 watt , god thats a beast of a power supply u have 800 watt , still u get wat u pay for looks a good n shame ya miles away , otherwise u could have it , like u said abpout as useful as a chocolate firegauard pmsl

quick hint for you, if the PC has a floppy disk drive, leave it powered down during th efirst boot after the new PSU is plugged in. The FDD is the most common thing i have found that gets spiked and it can often take out the new PSU too...

What?

DO NOT OPEN A PSU

The components inside can store electrical charge for many months even after it has been powered down. Many people have been killed by trying to tinker around with a PSU.

If you don't know what you're doing, do not mess about with it.

indeed, even if it's the fuse - it blew for a reason.

besides, it's under warranty for 3 years minimum - so use it.

indeed, even if it's the fuse - it blew for a reason.

besides, it's under warranty for 3 years minimum - so use it.

that was my way of thinking. Bfg offer lifetime warranty. So no point opening it.

On a Better NOTE. my psu Turned up today. AND everything works.
And i`m pleased they never used the royal mail to sent it back.

panic over :)

Back