My cline is gone!

abby1238

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right guys hopefully I will explain this properly to avoid unnecessary q&a
My box was working fine. Then my provider changed the host name while I was away. He's asked me to give him the cfg file by clicking mene/network local setting/cc cam client set up/manage config files/cc cam cfg/. There I should see a cfg file but the page is blank.

Can you not ask him for new host details.

if your supplier has asked for file you will need to dump the cfg file onto memory key.

but if your supplier just tells you new host you can edit yourself.

Last edited:
Thanks all for help. Apparently I had to delete a cws line and re enter the new details from newcamlist folder. Hope I've made sense.

Thanks all for help. Apparently I had to delete a cws line and re enter the new details from newcamlist folder. Hope I've made sense.
C: line should not need to enter CWS as I thought you said your suppliers DNS had changed and needed cfg file.
If your supplier has given you N: line it goes into newcamd.list file.
(not folder)

have you got it working?
why not type line in?

C: line goes into CCcam.cfg
N: line goes into newcamd.list (MGcamd)

Your supplier should have all the details of your line no need to give him anything

Your supplier should have all the details of your line no need to give him anything
All supplier needs is "user" once @abby1238 tells the supplier that he can info that way.
I do think @abby1238 supplier was asking for "user" and not for the file as what was mentioned in #post 1 that is the directions on the openbox to getting "user" and not dumping file.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never brought a Box with a "gift" so when I have got a line the supplier knows the full details from my email address, I suppose it could be different if the box came with the line

@riverforever, yes you were right I put a new line in the mgcammd. I am new to this so maybe got a few mixed messages out. Yes also everyone is right my supplier should already have my details as this is the second year with him. The problem was the box went of line and he gave me a new line to enter. Thank you everyone.

Back