MIFI Advice

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, ive been looking at getting a mifi router and i was just looking how is the cheapest way to get one I was hoping to get one unlock it and use a ovivo sim. I was looking at this LINK but im a bit confused if i was to buy the one in the link would i then be in a contract with tmobile or could i just bin the sim and put my own in, cheers any help would be great.

Hi, Thanks for the reply i'm pretty sure it can be unlocked and if its a PAYG ill just use whats on the sim and bin it i think. Is this the best deal about at the min does anyone know or would i better spending a bit more on a better mifi, cheers.

might be worth looking at an android phone like the atrix ,these can be had for about 100 and great phones with wifi teethering
also a lot of cheaper phones have this feature

yea i have a galaxy ace which ive been using as a hotspot but the batteries are crap on these the best of times so i decided to look into mifi and i can use a 2nd sim then so im not using all my data up on my phone.

thanks for the reply mate, do you think this would be the best way to go about getting one then i was looking at topcashback and quidco it looks like i can get about £12.50 back from tmobile etc so was wondering if it would be better going that way and getting one new all the same im just after the cheapest tbh it will get used but not a load.

Thanks, samba thats the one, Iv'e been trying to remember that name for days i was thinking i would go with giff gaff but then changed my mind to ovivo ill compare ovivo with samba now.
Im a bit closer to deciding on the mifi, its between the E5331 that edogg as posted or the pointer (E583C) also from argos, nice spot at argos too mate theres one a mile from my house the only thing is if i order the E5331 from 3 I think i can get 12.50 topcashback/quidco too.

So do samba piggy back on 3's network then and also am i right in thinking 3 are the best about when it comes to mobile broadband, cheers.

samba are on the 3 network not sure about them being the best mobile as orange/ tmobile are going to go 4g later this month beginning of october but the mifi are easy to unlock just wish i had got one instead of my 3 dongle
with samba you watch video adverts on your computer when ever you like to build up data allowance, with ovivo after you have been on line for about 20 mins the stream adverts to you No choice I use samba in my dongle and giffgaff on my phone for free 0800 numbers or skype

edogg

Have you had any problems with the samba sim i was reading yesterday that eventually you end up with not enough videos to watch and end up running out of data but that was a old write up, thanks.

No I havenot had that problem I have been building my allowance up and I just play the videos in new windows on my laptop I have not actually watched any . I dont suppose it would be any good for downloading files but for browsing no problem

edogg

I've ordered the E5331 pay and go one from 3 for £50 with hopefully 12.50 cash back from quidco, ill have a play with it and then post back should be here in the morning, im still not sure which sim to go for though yet ive seen a tmobile sim with 12 month internet on fleebay for 22 quid i think it was, cheers for everyone's help it appreciated.

i bought the huwei e585e t mobile wifi from argos for 39.99
slapped in a giffgaff sim £7.50 month gigabag , unlocked it using dc unlocker.
works ok , but not great coverage in my area

Back