Manchester United thread

IMHO 7th position is the most we want out of this season (as 6th gets you into the Europa League).
thoughts??

IMHO 7th position is the most we want out of this season (as 6th gets you into the Europa League).
thoughts??

I think that should be is the most we will "get" out of this season tbh,

But if we do get into the Europa League we should not complain, any experience is good experience, and we need it to help us rebuild the team :)

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

thoughts??

I wouldn't mind missing out on Europa league providing it means the clown Moyes is sacked.

It would give us more games to try get a proper system sorted,blood newer players etc

I wouldn't disagree with that, however from what I've seen of Moyes so far I doubt extra games would do him any good. I've not seen anything from Moyes to suggest he is the man to be at the helm at a big club.

I wouldn't disagree with that, however from what I've seen of Moyes so far I doubt extra games would do him any good. I've not seen anything from Moyes to suggest he is the man to be at the helm at a big club.

Good point,I'm still on the fence with this though :(

ohh give him time

after all they nearly binned sir alex lol

The Club will need the Europa League qualification on a financial basis; and a good run will be expected, and on the playing side European experience is European experience whether it is in the Europa League or in the Champions League.

There is not enough cash in the europa league.
They will rather not participate I'm sure.
A group stage participation in the Europa League awards a base fee of €1.3 million. A victory in the group pays €200,000 and a draw €100,000. Also, each group winner earns €400,000 and each runner-up €200,000. Reaching the knock-out stage triggers additional bonuses: €200,000 for the round of 32, €350,000 for the round of 16, €450,000 for the quarter-finals and €1 million for the semi-finals. The losing finalists receive €2.5 million and the champions get €5 million

The only advantage to Europa league is that starting next year the eventual winners will win a place in the champions league.
Given Daves past record for winning trophies I think we can safely pass on that.

So playing extra matches outside of the pressure of the premier league is not going to help a young squad develop?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

So playing extra matches outside of the pressure of the premier league is not going to help a young squad develop?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

But Wiz Moyesy was left with an ageing squad that even SAF would have struggled with this year. ;)

But Wiz Moyesy was left with an ageing squad that even SAF would have struggled with this year. ;)

Either you are missing my point or I'm missing yours lol

This coming season I would hope we will have a younger,albeit less experienced,squad,

So my point was the more games they can play as a team the better,it takes time for a rebuilt team to gel,dont for one minute think we are going to win the League next year,if Moyes has a plan it will take time and a few transfer windows/players coming through to accomplish it :)

I was just having a sly dig at old Moyesy, I've started to bore myself about him now.
I get/got your point regarding Europa but I am still of the feeling it's just a pain in the arse, the timing of the games are terrible, Thursday tea then playing Saturdays! No thanks you. Plenty of games domestically ( if we can stay in the cups :( ) and we should (if we're to be giving Moyes his big club apprenticeship), be concentrating on league form above everything.

I could be wrong of course, that's happened before :)

Re: Sir Alex fit to keep on going

SAF really messed up man united!

There is not enough cash in the europa league.
They will rather not participate I'm sure.
A group stage participation in the Europa League awards a base fee of €1.3 million. A victory in the group pays €200,000 and a draw €100,000. Also, each group winner earns €400,000 and each runner-up €200,000. Reaching the knock-out stage triggers additional bonuses: €200,000 for the round of 32, €350,000 for the round of 16, €450,000 for the quarter-finals and €1 million for the semi-finals. The losing finalists receive €2.5 million and the champions get €5 million

There is also the Gate Money which is not included as part of Season Tickets and income from all the other "Match Day" money makers such as the Souvenir Shop, Hospitality Packages, Food and Beer sales and programme sales, which is not a paltry income.

Back