Making a backup image from 800HD to flash in a new box

stuffedmonkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Im new here and happy since I seem to have found a great forum for my needs! =)

My problem is that I need to make a full backup of my DM800HD since its playing on its last tune. I have a newer 800HD se clone i think. Not sure if the first 800 is a clone or not. Does it matter much?
I've been searching for some kind of telnet command to do this but only manage to find commands for the 500.
The DreamUp is not for me, dont have a null cable and all that. Tried FlashWizard as well, but I dont think it works. Just stops at the first step, Reading Jffs2 partition. Guess that my box doesn't have that partition in the location that FlashWizard thinks? Or should i run Flashwizard when the box is in flashmode?

I dont have alot of experience with linux but I learn quick so any help is very appreciated =)
Also, im on Windows 10.

Best regards

flashbackup is all you need @least works a charm on clones simple to use or dflash is second option both do same job

Last edited by a moderator:
flashbackup is all you need @least works a charm on clones simple to use or dflash is second option both do same job

I realised there was something called TS Flashbackup, i think, on my box already. Managed to make a backup img to a usb stick. But how do i put that img into my new box?

Is flashbackup and TS backup the same thing?

no all together different only ever used dflash & flashbackup

no all together different only ever used dflash & flashbackup

Ok. Managed to ftp the files I needed to the new box. Just to encounter next problems. A lot of noise in the picture and it doesn't seem to wanna change between my two sats. The first one, 0.8W worked. Then changed to 4.8, that worked too. But when I go back to 0.8W again I get no signal.
This is turning out to be a pretty annoying day..

Are both these boxes the 800SE then ?

You must make sure both run the same sim type because if not youll brick the box you flash the backup to.

Back