Looks like ITV Hub has been compromised

hackmax

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Today I received an email thanking me for my account signup and it was ready. Had no emails prior to this. I went to ITV Hub site (not via a link in case it was a scam) and tried forgot password, and sure enough I got a reset password. On resetting it I could log into ITV Hub. The details entered were random fake so I deleted the account using the option.

5 hours later I get an email thanking me for my account (again), once again I used the forgot password and accessed the account - again totally random details.

My PC is not compromised (and was off at the time) and my Hotmail shows no unauthorised logins, so guess the hackers have some way of creating/activating accounts on ITV hub under somebody else's email. I've not deleted the second account as I would no doubt end up with a third.

I have emailed ITV but guess they will fob this off.

Anyone else had this?

Last edited:
I have no idea.

But I think ITV offer some ad free if payment plan so could be part of some 'scam'?

The email is not compromised, I change the password and hotmail allows you to see all successful (and unsuccessful) logins and IP.

The issue is they are able to create and activate an account with there choice of password, without access to your mailbox to click any activation type link... very poor security by ITV.

Just got a reply back from them .... apparently they don't currently require email verification so anybody can just sign up with somebody else's email address. Less of a hack; more of total incompetence on the side of ITV.

Especially when you consider there privacy policy:

"We use information we collect in relation to one of more of our products and services in connection with all our other products and services. This helps us analyse and personalise your experience across our products and services, provide and manage our advertising and services across our group and provide or inform you about other services and products you request or which may be of interest to you whether on our platforms or on third party platforms."

So the what the account faker watches will affect offers/adverts I see or am offered....

Well done ITV for failing basic security 101

Back