looking for help with ethernet

lexuscol

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I have installed patch to spiderbox 9000 I have ethernet showing and IP setup correctly, ethernet will not connect at all . have tried many reset and repatching but still get no connection what amI missing please.

check your box has an ip address in the router admin panel, then ping the router ip from a command prompt from windows and check it answers back , if necessary change from dhcp to a fixed ip address and add the public google dns servers as primary and secondary

make sure you have the cccam or newcamd option switched on in the ethernet settings (there should be 10 lines avaiable)

the last patch was 2.5 years ago, unless you have a special patch ?

if still failing, plug a laptop into the ethernet , switch wifi off and ensure you can browse the net from that same ethernet cable, to rule out the router and cables

check your box has an ip address in the router admin panel, then ping the router ip from a command prompt from windows and check it answers back , if necessary change from dhcp to a fixed ip address and add the public google dns servers as primary and secondary

make sure you have the cccam or newcamd option switched on in the ethernet settings (there should be 10 lines avaiable)

the last patch was 2.5 years ago, unless you have a special patch ?

if still failing, plug a laptop into the ethernet , switch wifi off and ensure you can browse the net from that same ethernet cable, to rule out the router and cables

Thankyou, I will try again tomorrow I have been at it all day.

Hi have done all you recommended and tested ping 4 packets sent and received no loss so the box is being seen however I still have no connection to my provider as ethernet still shows connecting, What next??

Hi have done all you recommended and tested ping 4 packets sent and received no loss so the box is being seen however I still have no connection to my provider as ethernet still shows connecting, What next??

Looks like you need to speak with your provider.

Looks like you need to speak with your provider.

Thanks for the info I have contacted him but not yet had any luck, I am looking at changing my box maybe VU+Solo as I don't need anything too sophisticated on fixed dish.

if the patch installed is march 2012 it works fine using cccam or newcamd , so as mentioned earlier it will be to do with the provider, or the dns (try adding the public google dns servers)

a vu solo (or any other box) would have similar problems if the feed or dns are at fault or responsible

best get the spider working before splashing the cash , ie:- find the problem and get it sorted out

Back