lock settings apple tv

ben600249

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive had my apple tv up and running for a while using xbmc and had no probs, but for last two days its asking for user name and password lock settings, ive entered what i thought was un and pw but failed, has anybody else had these problems and have you cured it please help thanks

hi mate check The individual folders are shared, as i dont think there are set to 'share with specific users'.
XBMC Lock issue on setting up SMB
ok, so this can be an issue if you dont have "simple file sharing" enabled. to enable that (or at least check that its correctly set up)

open up an explorer window (click "my computer")

tools -> folder options

select the "view" tab

and scroll to the bottom of the advanced settings area. at the bottom there should be a tick in the box that says

"Use simple file sharing (recommended)"

if not, tick it. that should mean the xbox can see the shared folder.

ive had similar problems, where the root shared folder was not accessable from xbmc - but sub folders which were also shared were. so id have a folder called

c:\downloads

which i could see from the xbox, but i couldnt stream from. a folder inside that which was also shared:

c:\downloads\tv shows\

would work just fine.

i hope this helps

ive tried all day and failed just keeps asking for user name ans password but all failed got all sharing ticked on my pc but still no joy anymore help please

Back