leeds gone full nagra 3???hi

can i just add details of my latest sky offer received for you all....:)

valid till 27th december 2009

Code: 12MONTHS

everything half price for 12months;

1 entertainment package £9 per month this is more than M+ package on virmin

6 enterainment packs £11.50 per month same as XL with more channels and more +1's

6 entertainment + full sports £20.50 per month not much more than a high qaulity c/s tbh

sky world all the above + all movies channels £24.25 per month < the full monty way way better than any vermin package :)

Hi , i have inputed this code to no avail, is there a special way of doing this, many thanks

No. They've done a proper number on us. We've got 1-5, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC News and that's about it.
But where there more FTA channels before that, though? It seems to me like andyfuk's question was just about those few channels remaining FTA, not if the lineup would be able to match Freeview/Freesat.

Hi , i have inputed this code to no avail, is there a special way of doing this, many thanks

It does say to use it on the phone, but i am a cancelled subscriber can't see that making any difference. give em a call see what they say. hopefully it will not just be for previous subscribers. No on the paper is:08442411355

Last edited:
But where there more FTA channels before that, though? It seems to me like andyfuk's question was just about those few channels remaining FTA, not if the lineup would be able to match Freeview/Freesat.
Aye, this change has taken out channels that weren't taken out on previous occasions. Pretty much everything has gone.

Aye, this change has taken out channels that weren't taken out on previous occasions. Pretty much everything has gone.
I think we're talking about two different things, so let me re-phrase the question: Which channels were FTA before the N3 switch, but are now encrypted?

I think we're talking about two different things, so let me re-phrase the question: Which channels were
FTA before the N3 switch, but are now encrypted?

Afaik, there have been no changes to which channels are transmitted unencrypted. VM dont actually have any concept of FTA channels as its a subscription only service. They carry a bare minimum of non encrypted channels - the legal obligations ( BBC1, 2, ITV, C4, C5) and a few of their own infomercial channels plus a few extras like CBeebies etc.

Quite a few of the channels are "soft" encrypted meaning they dont actually have any encryption but they are part of the "free" group. On a subbed box these channels wont work without a card but on a third party box they may appear as fta (even though they aren't)

Last edited:
Afaik, there have been no changes to which channels are transmitted unencrypted.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

VM dont actually have any concept of FTA channels as its a subscription only service.
Right, I only used the term FTA in the context of third party boxes, and as far as andyfuk's question, nothing has actually changed with regards to the unencrypted channels, then.

I think we're talking about two different things, so let me re-phrase the question: Which channels were FTA before the N3 switch, but are now encrypted?

As I remember, on previous rolls which would take out the softcam on a dbox or a Fun/MOSC on a modded Pace box I would still receive channels like Dave, GOLD, Bravo, Virgin 1 & 2, Music channels & Discovery Channels. I suppose I could be wrong though.

As I remember, on previous rolls which would take out the softcam on a dbox or a Fun/MOSC on a modded Pace box I would still receive channels like Dave, GOLD, Bravo, Virgin 1 & 2, Music channels & Discovery Channels. I suppose I could be wrong though.
Those have always been encrypted channels.

a previous freind of mine a gas fitter who fitted my boiler then f***ed off before the job was completed ,leaving me paying out twice had the cheek to phone the other day asking about a dream 800hd .cos he had just bought a new tv .

directed him to the dreambox shop sat talking to him whilst he paid £400 quid for the box .

when i put the phone down i just sat laughing knowing full well virmin will be changing to n3 soon in our area

lol

a previous freind of mine a gas fitter who fitted my boiler then f***ed off before the job was completed ,leaving me paying out twice had the cheek to phone the other day asking about a dream 800hd .cos he had just bought a new tv .

directed him to the dreambox shop sat talking to him whilst he paid £400 quid for the box .

when i put the phone down i just sat laughing knowing full well virmin will be changing to n3 soon in our area

lol

At least some of you are spreading the christmas cheer then, he will of course be able to stick a sat tuner in it and plug in a sly minidish to receive FreeSat HD:)

i was thinking of going for a moto dish and reciever but i read this..

"BTW - Anyone thinking about going down the card sharing route for Sky via satellite - wait until after Christmas.

There will be new anti c/s'ing software run out sometime in the near future (once all the blue cards have been shut down) and its possible c/s'ing will no longer be possible."

Should i just wait and see.

i was thinking of going for a moto dish and reciever but i read this..

"BTW - Anyone thinking about going down the card sharing route for Sky via satellite - wait until after Christmas.

There will be new anti c/s'ing software run out sometime in the near future (once all the blue cards have been shut down) and its possible c/s'ing will no longer be possible."

Should i just wait and see.

every old sly card ive looked at has the expiry date of 00:00 14/12/2009, thats in 22 hours time

sly digiboxes have all had software updates, so this time tomorrow night, its possible that the net will be swarming with people with black screens looking for answers

my phone will be turned off lol

Just read 6 pages of people bitching. Gotta say that if sargie catches emerald, hes going to punch his fucking head in. Emerald, you over stepped the mark there.

As for me, aint had a box for 3 years, and all my mates have and still do. Just gotten Sky +HD with free install, free HD channels for a year, and half price any other pack I want for a year too.

So I got:

Sky+ HD Box - Free
Installation - Free
HD Channels - Free
Sky Sports - Half Price

All of this for £16 a month. Not bad at all.

Just read 6 pages of people bitching. Gotta say that if sargie catches emerald, hes going to punch his fucking head in. Emerald, you over stepped the mark there.

As for me, aint had a box for 3 years, and all my mates have and still do. Just gotten Sky +HD with free install, free HD channels for a year, and half price any other pack I want for a year too.

So I got:

Sky+ HD Box - Free
Installation - Free
HD Channels - Free
Sky Sports - Half Price

All of this for £16 a month. Not bad at all.

good deal there ,, l hate the fact u have to have a bt line again tho

every old sly card ive looked at has the expiry date of 00:00 14/12/2009, thats in 22 hours time

sly digiboxes have all had software updates, so this time tomorrow night, its possible that the net will be swarming with people with black screens looking for answers

my phone will be turned off lol

How do you check the expiry date on a sly card?

My old one is still working in my Fortec star innovation using a T-rex 4.6 cam.

Indeed lol, but the good news is the tuner is plug and play so order a tuner for satellite for about 20 quid and your happy again:)

Sorry to 'butt in' but I'm interested in what you say...If I change the tuner to a sat tuner then I will be able to carry on receiving the channels...how does that work?

:Cheers:

Back