latest firmware for 780

have another closer look there is a sticker on rear to remove,and that is where the lan cable goes
he says he got the screw in rs232 which is the null modem cable for flashing
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsEvfBnceiM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:
have another closer look there is a sticker on rear to remove,and that is where the lan cable goes
he says he got the screw in rs232 which is the null modem cable for flashing

Listen Guys,

Im so sorry there is a port hole it was covered with a black sticker it looked and felt so like the box I've looked at it over and over again and would never have seen it if you had not kept on at me. Im sorry I have wasted all this time

Listen Guys,

Im so sorry there is a port hole it was covered with a black sticker it looked and felt so like the box I've looked at it over and over again and would never have seen it if you had not kept on at me. Im sorry I have wasted all this time

yea, we knew it was there.... lol

is it working now?

im from motherwell, bring your box down and i will do it for you..

Hopefully now I have found the long lost port with a bit of assistance I can manage but thanks anyway.

Now because it is a new box do I need to Flash it or update it or both and what is the difference between the flash and update?????????

and then where do I start!!!!!!!!!!!

if it is a new box, then you will need to flash it.

flashig it, puts the pirate firmware on the box which allows you to view pay channesls via a server.

you only need to flash once.

once flashed updates are done online.
select.
instalation
code 0000
sw update.

if the sw option is on your box, then it has aleady been flashed.

after flashing you need to scan for channels using correct net id and provider.
yoour net id is uddingston
provider x telewest....

Hopefully now I have found the long lost port with a bit of assistance I can manage but thanks anyway.

Now because it is a new box do I need to Flash it or update it or both and what is the difference between the flash and update?????????

and then where do I start!!!!!!!!!!!

For a brand new box, you will need to do the initial flash of the 'dodgy' firmware. Thats what the serial cable is (usually) supplied for.

For this operation only you will need to connect the serial lead from your PC to the KV. You do not want anything else (except for power) connected to the KV. You will need to download the firmware AND the KV loader program onto the PC. Then run the loader program to flash the box.

I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere cos I cant remember the details, just that its a bit fiddly, which is ok cos you only do it once.

After thats done, then you will need o reset the KV and do a scan. You will need both the co-ax cable and the ethernet plugged in at this point. After that it should just all work !

read back you tube video to watch:proud:

For a brand new box, you will need to do the initial flash of the 'dodgy' firmware. Thats what the serial cable is (usually) supplied for.

For this operation only you will need to connect the serial lead from your PC to the KV. You do not want anything else (except for power) connected to the KV. You will need to download the firmware AND the KV loader program onto the PC. Then run the loader program to flash the box.

I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere cos I cant remember the details, just that its a bit fiddly, which is ok cos you only do it once.

After thats done, then you will need o reset the KV and do a scan. You will need both the co-ax cable and the ethernet plugged in at this point. After that it should just all work !

good advice but note,
you need a null modem cable, which looks exactly the same as a seriel 9 pin cable.
but the pinouts are diffrent, a seriel cable wont work....

Very true, thats why most sellers supply them with the box I think.

it would be a good idea and save alot of hassle.
alot of people get caught out with it.
i've only ever bought from private sellers and nerver had a cable supplied....
do the major dealers supply them?

do the major dealers supply them?

afaik, most of them do !

I think they may of already learnt that its far too much hassle supporting customers that dont have the correct cables to go with the box.

tbh, it may even be that the cable is supplied in the KV box along with the remote etc.

if it is a new box, then you will need to flash it.

flashig it, puts the pirate firmware on the box which allows you to view pay channesls via a server.

you only need to flash once.

once flashed updates are done online.
select.
instalation
code 0000
sw update.

if the sw option is on your box, then it has aleady been flashed.

after flashing you need to scan for channels using correct net id and provider.
yoour net id is uddingston
provider x telewest....

I dont think its been flashed as I could only see on the menu something saying under>> Data Download>> S/W Transfer/Send and Channel Data Transfer/Send. And not SW update. Are you sure my net id is uddingston as my provider is on the box says its Glasgow and NTL

I dont think its been flashed as I could only see on the menu something saying under>> Data Download>> S/W Transfer/Send and Channel Data Transfer/Send. And not SW update. Are you sure my net id is uddingston as my provider is on the box says its Glasgow and NTL

If you only have four options in the instalation menu the box needs flashing on computer.

You should still be able to scan for all channels but they will be scrambled.

The box is unlikely to be flashed if its new. Selling boxes with the 'hacked' firmware already loaded would be legally risky for any supplier. You will almost certainly need to do the manual update using the serial cable.

Even if the box has already been flashed and contains the hacked version of firmware, manually flashing it again wont harm anything.

if you buy boxes from genuine suppliers you will get either a null modem cable or flash drive depending on make or model,if you get it off a shady character he may bulk buy boxes and none come in them as in null modem cables:banana::proud:

If you only have four options in the instalation menu the box needs flashing on computer.

You should still be able to scan for all channels but they will be scrambled.
Your right I can scan for all channels but they are scrambled, but too tired tonight to start anything now. Can you tell me how to flash and which cable to use I have a Null modem cable and a Cat.5E Network cable.

Because it's a new box I think I have to use the null modem cable to flash the box!!!!!!! and then I think I use the Cat.5E network cable for further and future updates.

Am I right in thinking this or have I got it wrong????????????

Then I will need to know what flash I need and where to get it from.

Then how to download it

I think I have a better Idea of how to update but only time will tell.

If you are staying up and can give me some answers I can try it out later on today.
Good Night

Back