kvm switch

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, i have a microsoft wireless desktop 6000 keyboard and mouse set, it has a usb reciever for the keyboard and mouse to connect to the pc with, could i use a usb kvm switch so i could use that mouse and keyboard on 2 pcs ? im not bothered about the monitor part on a kvm switch as i use 2 monitors which is better for me, but unplugging the usb wireless reciever bit all the time is abit of a pain, but im not sure if a usb kvm switch works with wireless keyboards, anyone got any idea ? heres a link to something i was maybe thinking about if this setup would work

i had had a 2 port and 4 port belkin KVM which didn't work with wireless MS wireless keyboards, right pain it was

i had had a 2 port and 4 port belkin KVM which didn't work with wireless MS wireless keyboards, right pain it was

Belkin KVM are the biggest heap of shite, we have loads at work and they are always going wrong. The one on my desk sometimes gets sticky key syndrome. You press a key and KVM just keeps sending that key press to the PC.

Fortunately the new Dell 790 desktops that we are rolling out have PS/2 again (strange, don't know why they would re-add legacy feature) and I have still saved my old PS/2 switch which worked fine.

yeah, they would constantly 'lock' and i'd have to power off all machines, disconnect - THEN it would work again. ffs....

Do you have the machines on constantly ???

I use this to share my mouse and keyboard over the network Synergy

It works like an extended monitor so you can just drag the mouse off the side of one machine and it comes onto the other machine.

hi, thanks everyone, ive bookmarked the link oneman has posted, but might give that Synergy ago first, looks quite a good program, can give it ago, thanks

hiya, think im gona have to order the one oneman link to, had a little go at setting up that synergy but it wouldnt connect, whether its cause ive got windows 7 on one machine and windows xp on another, or whether its the homeplugs, but it just coulodnt find it, or it would say the server cant except a name like that, or the server already has a client named that lol, was going round in circles, so gave up, but just gona have one more try now so if you got any pointers be great to hear them, thanks

You could set up a RDC session and have the session on the second monitor. It should be quick enough to do stuff like using e-mail and editing documents. Probably struggling to watch video or play games though.

ive got it to connedt now, but theres some setting somewhere that cant be right as its not moving over to the other monitor, synergy on both pcs say connected though, nearly there but something just stopping it at the minute,

do it lol, was a simple config setting, thanks for the program pwillow, its great, just what i needed, thanks

Last edited:
Back