Kodi with add-ons 24/7 streams stop after 3 hours

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like a long time but maybe not if you are trying to cram a series in.

A couple of add-ons I've used usually start to buffer and don't restart, but at three hours I get booted back to the list of programmes.

Nothing wrong with connection speed and I've set buffering quire high, several GB. Is it a setting somewhere or do I have to flick between series now and then? :)

I wonder if they automatically sign you in to services like vidup.me or the now defunct olpair as the add-on starts, which require you to sign in every few hours for the links to show
If so, restarting the add-on should fix that.
If you can monitor the add-on and see where it's going you could open a browser window and do it manually. I used to have them bookmarked on my tablet and reload the page every few hours but that only works if both devices have the same IP.

I wonder if they automatically sign you in to services like vidup.me or the now defunct olpair as the add-on starts, which require you to sign in every few hours for the links to show
If so, restarting the add-on should fix that.
If you can monitor the add-on and see where it's going you could open a browser window and do it manually. I used to have them bookmarked on my tablet and reload the page every few hours but that only works if both devices have the same IP.

Even restarting Kodi doesn't help so I think it is some sort of key that is issued to you which expires. It must be cached locally.

From what i can see on the net it sounds like you might need to reset things, Maybe you are using wifi, if you are using a firestick one of the suggestions is that the power supply is to small, That you should upgrade from a one watt to a two watt supply and that will cure the buffering. But resetting the router seems to be the first thing. Also if you are using a vpn in your router that is very restrictive if you have a basic router. A quick link that might give you some ideas. You might not be using a firestick but maybe the cure for your system might be the same.
Amazon Fire Stick Streaming issues- 5 Fixes | 877-773-5395

From what i can see on the net it sounds like you might need to reset things, Maybe you are using wifi, if you are using a firestick one of the suggestions is that the power supply is to small, That you should upgrade from a one watt to a two watt supply and that will cure the buffering. But resetting the router seems to be the first thing. Also if you are using a vpn in your router that is very restrictive if you have a basic router. A quick link that might give you some ideas. You might not be using a firestick but maybe the cure for your system might be the same.
Amazon Fire Stick Streaming issues- 5 Fixes | 877-773-5395

It's on a HP MicroServer running Windows Server and everything is hardwired. The MicroServer has 10GB RAM and is overkill for IPTV, there are other things running on it, but nothing coincides with the disconnections. My connection is 350MB and latency is low.

I suspect it's just the free add-on stuff I use. If anyone wants to try it then "7of9" add-on will now install "Beta Sector" which I'm using. Try a 24/7 channel and see if it stays on.

I can't remember the other add-on I tried but it was the same.

Oh, and no VPN.

Last edited:
Wow!! Not exactly a firestick is it. (Smiles). I think my starting point would be at the basics. take out the ram and use half, then the other half, Reseat all the components. Then Maybe change out your power supply for a spare one. The usual things. It does sound like a hardware problem more than anything else. Then once you are happy maybe update your software and take it all back to a bare setup. Install only what you need and add the rest a bit at a time. I know i am not as well versed in this as yourself but sometimes its the simple things we overlook that are the cause.
Just my thoughts but i hope it might help

Just as an afterthought i did forget to ask you the very first question. Have you changed anything or added anything to your setup. updates hardware etc. if so dont forget to take that out first.

Just as an afterthought i did forget to ask you the very first question. Have you changed anything or added anything to your setup. updates hardware etc. if so dont forget to take that out first.

No, it has sat there quietly for a few years with few reboots for software installation. It's been very stable (why I don't want to reinstall OS to newer server...), the RAM is ECC too. Could do with a SSD rather than spinny rust...

I can see the network activity stop and by the LEDs on the router or switch, I can tell whether Kodi has hung or is buffering. Kodi does hang now and again and has to be forced closed but that seems to coincide with lots of buffering and then no data transfer.

I did have problems with the latest versions of Kodi on Server 2008 R2 and had to go back a version or two. Maybe I'll install the same things on a virtual machine to see if the same things happen.

Good little server the N54L (for £100), they were sought after as media servers. Have to be upgraded a bit and I did put a graphics card in this one for HDMI.

I'm sure it's something at the content server end. Would be good if anyone else could have a bash at it, see if they get the same :).

It's on a HP MicroServer running Windows Server and everything is hardwired. The MicroServer has 10GB RAM and is overkill for IPTV, there are other things running on it, but nothing coincides with the disconnections. My connection is 350MB and latency is low.

I suspect it's just the free add-on stuff I use. If anyone wants to try it then "7of9" add-on will now install "Beta Sector" which I'm using. Try a 24/7 channel and see if it stays on.

I can't remember the other add-on I tried but it was the same.

Oh, and no VPN.

Playing the syfy channel muted in the background will see what its like in a few hours

is it 24/7 channels or 24/7 shows that you want checked?

is it 24/7 channels or 24/7 shows that you want checked?

24/7 Shows please.

It now needs that "Beta Sector" but it was hanging beforehand. At least it made me install it.

Many thanks, we'll see what happens :).

I think my router (Cisco RV-320) might have some sort of hardware SPI firewall... I wonder... :S. I should look in the logs, I'll do it later.

The old machine you say, There is a conflict with the server software and windows 7 that i did come across in my search. But the thing is if you havent changed anything then something has changed. Everything points to hardware. Ram and power supply would be my choice. But as you have put in a new video card take it out. It might be that.
How to Use Quality of Service (QoS) to Get Faster Internet When You Really Need It
only my thoughts

The old machine you say, There is a conflict with the server software and windows 7 that i did come across in my search. But the thing is if you havent changed anything then something has changed. Everything points to hardware. Ram and power supply would be my choice. But as you have put in a new video card take it out. It might be that.
How to Use Quality of Service (QoS) to Get Faster Internet When You Really Need It
only my thoughts

It could still be something changed at "their end" though :). I have other things running on this server and they seem fine.

just a server guide faults . If you think it is them why not get them to test the lines. Something they will say nothing is wrong but things are mysteriously fixed almost magically when you try your system again

Attachments

• Download_emr_na-c05357220-3 server.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
just a server guide faults . If you think it is them why not get them to test the lines. Something they will say nothing is wrong but things are mysteriously fixed almost magically when you try your system again

I think it's more likely the IPTV server is cutting me off or something like that. I use a second N54L as a fileserver and it is fine :).

We'll see what @JonMMM test come up with :).

about 2 hours in and all fine so far, will leave it going till about 3.30 which will be 4 hours

I've noticed the same happen with the 24 hour service on Mercury and Temptv, and when I used to use Mobdro. I think they all access the the same site which boots you off now and again, or sometimes I get slow down glitches with loss of sound. Still I'm not going to complain usually a quick restart from beginning sorts it out.

Back